Certified Site Safety is currently seeking Environmental Health and Safety Officer (EHSO) to assist with task of monitoring of construction project and staff. EHSO will work directly with the construction management team to ensure adherence and compliance to Health and Safety Plans, Work Specific Plans, Quality Plan and Schedules with Department of Environmental Protection EHS Policies and Procedures, BEDC EHS Standards and all Federal, State, City and local regulations and requirements. This job assignment will take place in a project site environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Implement EHASP for construction management team
2. Monitor and ensure contractor's and subcontracts EHS compliance
3. Interact with contractors and subcontractors daily
4. Conduct daily audits and reporting site activities
5. Investigate and reporting of accidents, incidents
6. Perform administrative task utilizing clients document storage system
1. Bachelor of Science degree in safety, environmental health and science, industrial hygiene, or related field; Certified as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) by the Board of Safety Professionals, Certified Health and Safety Technician (CHST).
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with coworkers, contractors and regulatory agencies
3. Strong attention to details
4. 2-15 year documented relevant NYC DEP experience in the environmental compliance field and relevant job experience in construction industries
5. OSHA 30 Construction Safety and Health completed within the past 5 years
6. BEDC EHS Training
7. Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite
8. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced demanding environment
Company DescriptionCertified Site Safety of NY LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Certified Site Safety of NY LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Certified Site Safety of NY LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Certified Site Safety of NY LLC's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.