Overview:NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.Responsibilities:An Environmental Project Coordinator contributes to administration and oversight of the environmental team's efforts in planning, design and construction of infrastructure projects. Candidates must have exceptional organization, teamwork and communication skills and the ability to manage priorities. Works with team to administer and deliver projects from new and existing clients. Primary focus of work is utility sector projects, with ability to work on projects in other sectors and disciplines. Candidates are expected to have professional experience, demonstrate ability to understand environmental concepts applicable to the job area, and be interested in continuous learning and professional development. Experience in environmental resources, land planning, public utility, construction and business management desired but not required.
- Assist the Environmental Group with project administration, schedules, and budgets
- Works with team to provide tasks and deliverables on time
- Provides clear direction of next steps when needed
- Monitors key performance indicators, critical path, issues management, etc.
- Provides overall project delivery analyses, schedules, and tracks metrics for individual projects
- Act as point of contact for internal peers and client's internal work teams
- Manages project documentation, project deliverables, prepares status reports to internal teams and client
- Continuously build and maintain a network of internal team resources, third-party consultants and vendors
- Contribute to project acquisition efforts including identifying opportunities and working collaboratively with a variety of company teams in preparing proposals, team reports and presentations
- Create appropriate documentation for scopes, proposals, cost estimates and change orders as needed
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of client and industry standards related to environmental resources, planning and/or construction
- Demonstrate abilities to negotiate solutions to client concerns and problem solving
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, ability to work collaboratively
- At least 2 years of work in a relevant field and position
- Proficiency in suite of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams)
- Valid CA driver's license
- Experience with various desktop environmental analyses, CEQA/NEPA, regulatory permits, environmental regulations, documentation, technical reports (preferred but not required)
- Experience utilizing mapping and project management softwares such as Google Earth, CAD, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, Deltek
- Working knowledge of environmental resources, construction and project management
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.