Job DescriptionSalary: $35,000 - $55,000 a year
MSE Environmental is a growing full-service environmental consulting firm seeking an Entry Level Environmental Industrial Hygiene Technician professional. The successful candidate will enjoy conducting a variety of field and office tasks in support of mold, asbestos, legionella, water damage consulting, lead consulting, indoor air quality assessment, environmental site assessment, and site characterization projects. Tasks may include a collection of field data, sample collection, abatement monitoring and oversight, research and review of regulatory records, directing subcontractors, data evaluation, technical report preparation, and project management. We are seeking individuals desiring long-term career opportunities. The position includes excellent mentoring and training opportunities and the opportunity to learn or participate in other aspects of environmental consulting.
• Conduct microbial, lead, asbestos, and industrial hygiene inspection.
• Conduct microbial, lead, asbestos, and industrial hygiene sampling.
• Prepare inspection reports based on the inspection findings.
• Conduct asbestos and lead abatement oversight.
• Other related duties as assigned
The successful candidates will be required to speak, read, and write English. Previous asbestos consulting experience is not required but recommended. OSHA Hazwoper certificate, lead assessor registration, NIOSH 582, and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator are pluses. The ability to properly wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment is required.
Candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a POSITIVE attitude, good organizational skills, a strong work ethic, GREAT customer service and be reliable. Candidates must have a current valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- OSHA HAZWOPER training is plus (Will Train)
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or a related science field is a plus (Preferred - Not Required)
- Current AHERA Building Inspector and Contractor/Supervisor Certification is plus (Will Train)
- Current EPA Lead Risk Assessor Certification is a plus (Will Train)
- Valid State Driver's License and auto insurance and reliable vehicle for transportation (Required)
- At least 1-year as Environmental Hygienist or Environmental Technician preferred (Not Required)
- Literacy in Microsoft Office, Word, Windows 10, Google Searches, Gmail, SmartPhone technology
- NIOSH 582 Certification a plus (Will Train)
- Experience reading microbial air samples is a plus (Will Train)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Organization Management
- Project management
- Active listening
- Judgment and decision making
- Complex problem solving
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent smartphone skills
Local candidates are preferred.
- A 5 x 7.5-12 day/hour workday schedule.
- Additional after-hours/weekend work is required and performed on a rotating and as-needed basis.
- May require travel out of town and be available for night and weekend work.
- Handle approximately 25 projects per week from start to finish.
- Ability to comply with work safety requirements
- Operate a motor vehicle and willingness to travel for long periods of time between projects
- Visually distinguish between colors
- Detect and receive messages over the phone and email
- Setup and takedown company event equipment as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and pass annual medical and respiratory fit test exams.
- Ability to climb ladders, crawl in crawlspaces, climb roofs, and access other difficult areas.
Job duties are primarily performed at project/job sites within the Environmental Hygienist's assigned region and include extensive travel between sites and laboratories.
- MSE offers a comprehensive, highly competitive compensation package including health benefits with medical, vision, dental plan, and more.
- Earned paid time off and paid holidays included.
- MSE Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a drug-free workspace.
- Salary or Wage commensurate with experience.
- Full-Time Employment