Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career?
If so, join us as Head of EHS Round Lake. At Takeda, we are committed to operating our business in a manner that protects the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we work, live and serve, as well as the environment and its natural resources. This is how we support our business priorities and mission of creating Better Health and a Brighter Future for patients worldwide.
The Round Lake site is an integral part of Plasma Network, licensed to distribute Globally, including in the U.S., E.U., China, and the rest of the world. We strive to ensure that our medicines are available wherever our patients are. The state-of-the-art facility specializes in producing Flexbumin through the GALAXY manufacturing process and plastic flexible container system.About the role:
The Head of EHS will lead a comprehensive environmental, health, and safety (EHS) program for the Round Lake facility. Develop, implement, and administer all applicable environmental and occupational health management systems and policies. Provide compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations. Act as primary liaison with external regulatory agencies. As a member of the Site Leadership Team, lead and support the strengthening of the safety culture in Round Lake based on Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business.How you will contribute:
What you bring to Takeda:
- Provide overall leadership, coaching, and support to EHS staff. Influence and direct employees at all levels of the organization to achieve and maintain a strong culture of safety in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Lead and advance site EHS strategy in alignment with Takeda's commitments to the health and safety of our employees as well as the protection of our environment and its natural resources.
- Evaluate and act upon new environmental and safety regulations, including Federal, State, County and/or City regulations.
- Manage Occupational Health Program working with onsite Occ Services Vendor. This includes appropriate interfaces with Corporate, Human Resources, and Legal representatives.
- In collaboration with plant management, lead the continuous improvement of management systems and site procedures concerning environmental, health, safety, and security using the ISO 14001 and 45001 standards.
- Monitor and direct the facility regarding new environmental permits related to operations and construction.
- Consistently look for ways to manage and improve site waste management practices and strategies and other cost savings or process improvements while maintaining compliance with applicable regulations.
- Serve as primary contact for regulatory agencies such as EPA and OSHA for inspections.
- Define, maintain, and manage the plant emergency management procedures to assure preparedness and organized management of crisis situations.
- Collaborate with Corporate EHS to ensure alignment with Corporate Policies, Standards, and Initiatives.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Typically requires a B.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety or related field, 8+ years of related experience with 3+ years in a management role.
- Must be highly conversant in EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations. Must be experienced with ISO 14001 and 45001 EHS Management Systems.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with team members at all levels of the organization, either individually or in a large group setting.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently, meet requirements and deadlines from multiple stakeholders, and execute tasks strategically in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Registered professional certification in the environmental or safety field (i.e., CHMM, CSP, or CIH) preferred
- Experience in a leadership position acting as the primary management representative
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs, including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 10 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination or sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
More about us:
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body
- No make-up, jewelry, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends and holidays
- May be required to work in a confined area
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
USA - IL - Round Lake - Drug DeliveryWorker Type