Overview:NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives .
NV5 is growing our Water Resources Team in Albuquerque, NM with the addition of a dynamic Stormwater/Environmental Scientist. We are seeking a broadly experienced individual familiar with Municipal Stormwater/NPDES Permits, Industrial, Construction, and Site Specific. Strength in Municipal Stormwater/NPDES Permit is preferred. Relative to the candidate's degree and/or number of years of experience, the ideal candidate will help develop, manage, and execute cutting-edge water quality projects for NV5's Municipal, Industrial, and Construction clients. The selected candidate will work closely with professional in water quality, hydrology, stormwater planning, and compliance monitoring.
This position provides a unique opportunity to lead and support important water quality, sediment, and stormwater compliance monitoring projects in Arizona and the Southwest. The selected candidate will work with scientists and engineers, and planners that are focused on solving complex water quality and regulatory issues. This position offers the opportunity to develop and implement innovative monitoring programs that are designed to accurately assess current conditions/trends, report on implementation progress, and assist with identification of management strategies and regulatory needs.Responsibilities:
- Assistant Project Management- manage and support a range of important water quality projects, especially those that include a monitoring focus. Effectively manage projects to provide high value to our clients while staying within budget, scope, and schedule constraints. This includes supervising, planning, designing, prioritizing, and providing demonstrated project management expertise. Provide exceptional quality assurance and quality control on client deliverables.
- Monitoring Leadership and Technical Support - apply a strong background in water quality, sediment, and biological monitoring to develop and implement cutting-edge monitoring programs. A deep understanding of environmental processes and application of various monitoring techniques is critical to the success of this position. Develop technically sound reports, plans, and other materials.
- Business Development Support-Successfully outreach to key clients and stakeholders to understand compliance monitoring challenges, key data gaps, and regulatory needs. Support a team developing task order and contract proposals that result in project wins.
- Supporting private and municipal clientele with stormwater permit compliance projects
- Preparing Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) for Industrial and Construction Permit Projects
- Management and data entry of facility information into state database systems such as SMARTS, CIWQS, and CEDEN
- Preparing Sampling and Analysis Plans, Quality Assurance Program Plans, and Site Health and Safety Plans
- Field work may include performing field observations, sampling, monitoring equipment installations, and operations and maintenance
- Flow and analytical data QA/QC, formatting, analysis, and graphing using MS Excel and other software tools
- Data evaluation and report writing
- Frequent contact with clients, regulatory agencies, and outside contractors
- Participation at local association meetings, regulatory meetings, and relevant subcommittees/conferences
Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Water Resource Engineering, Aquatic Biology/Chemistry, or a related field. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the Stormwater Industry in New Mexico and/or Southwest
- Successful project/task management track record and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate complex scientific data and technical information.
- Extensive water quality/stormwater monitoring experience and familiarity with New Mexico regulatory environment and water quality challenges.
- Familiarity with TMDLs and key water quality initiatives, stormwater planning, and collecting and analyzing water quality/sediment/biological monitoring data.
- An in-depth understanding of pollutant sources and their impacts on water quality, human health effects and risk assessment, and development of water quality/sediment criteria.
- Experience with Phase I MS4 Permits, especially for municipalities.
- Certification with either CPSWQ, CPESC, CESSWI and QISP, QSD/P or P.E.
- Thorough experience with either the Construction General Stormwater Permit, Industrial General Stormwater Permit, or Municipal Phase I or II Stormwater/NPDES Permits
- Experience with SMARTS and familiarity or experience with CIWQS and CEDEN
- Strong skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Also, data analysis/visualization experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a variety of project activities
- A collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit
The position will be located in our Albuquerque New Mexico office and requires periodic local travel for inspections and field work.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.