Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.Role Overview
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a SeniorEnvironmental Project Manager
with a minimum of 15 years of environmental consulting experience to develop, bid and propose, and manage project work including, but not limited to site assessment, remediation, general compliance, and other related environmental projects in our Chicago, Illinois office. Wood performs work for government clients including local municipalities, counties, and various state and federal agencies, and for various commercial clients in the Oil & Gas, Industrial, Mining, Water, Energy, and Transportation Sectors. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a Seller/Doer. Candidates should have a successful track record executing and managing environmental projects in the Chicago Metro area and/or throughout the Midwest. Candidates should be self-motivated and collaborative, and able to work on projects of variable complexity with the desire and ability to build a strong support team to successfully implement projects.
This individual will work in our Chicago office near O'Hare.
Skills / Qualifications
- Management of environmental projects involving site characterization, remedial design, and environmental compliance
- Development of new clients and networking internally to develop business locally with existing national account clients
- Preparation of marketing materials, proposals and cost estimates
- Management of project contract requirements, quality (assurance), staffing, budgets and schedule
- Performance and/or management of field work for site characterization and site remediation projects including oversight of subcontractors and sampling of soil, soil vapor, sediment, surface water, groundwater, and indoor air in accordance with state and Federal regulations and generally accepted protocols.
- Analysis of data and reporting on specific environmental project tasks with minimal supervision including research necessary to recommend solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles
- Participation and collaboration with other Wood offices and staff on larger, multidisciplinary assignments. Some daytime and overnight travel may be required, but expected less than 10% to 20% of a typical week
- Mentoring of junior and some mid-level staff on environmental projects
- B.S. or M.S. graduate with directly related degree in geology, engineering, or environmental sciences
- Experience across a wide range of business sectors and service lines
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience with increasing levels of project complexity and management responsibility
- Track record of performance in a seller-doer culture (business development/client management)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in State and Federal regulations and processes
- Registered or eligible for registration as a P.E. or P.G. in Illinois and other nearby states (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong desire to provide excellent, innovative, practical customer services and a commitment to technical excellence
- Well organized with the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, and deliver on time and on budget
- Demonstrated supervisory experience for field contract services and hands-on training of junior personnel
- Must pass pre-work drug screening and background checks and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.