Chubb Global Risk Advisors (CGRA) is your single avenue to our more than 550 property and casualty engineering, health, safety and environmental consultants located wherever our clients do business - all focused on helping our clients develop and deploy solutions that advance their risk management, compliance and sustainability objectives, while positively impacting their financial results.
The Senior Environmental Consultant for the Environmental Engineering Practice will support the execution of environmental site assessment projects including site assessment, subsurface investigation, and site characterization projects. Core responsibilities include: proposal preparation, conducting fieldwork (i.e., soil, groundwater, and soil vapor sampling), report preparation, data interpretation, technical review of work product, project management, and oversight of project personnel.
The position will also support the execution of technical engineering evaluation requests from the Chubb Environmental Risk underwriting team on a pre and post bind basis. Core responsibilities include conducting environmental document reviews in support of underwriting, supporting policy submission, providing value-added services for insureds, developing and administering training programs, meeting attendance, performing account site visits as required by underwriting management, conducting in-office consultations, and researching existing and emerging risks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with clients to define needs and develops strategies for implementing projects.
* Preparation and presentation of client proposals, which includes preliminary scheduling, development of project budgets, develop scope of services, and contract finalization with input from senior management.
* Ensure project field operations are properly staffed and equipped.
* Critical review of project documents to assure adherence to the highest standards of technical performance.
* Interprets scientific data. Evaluates hypotheses and development of conclusions and recommendations on the basis of project results.
* Reviews pertinent regulatory requirements and recommendations of appropriate courses of action.
* Prepares project plans, progress reports, draft and final reports of investigations.
* Represent the company to the client and maintain the highest levels of client confidence/satisfaction.
* Seek opportunities to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development.
* Maintain a broad technical expertise in environmental risk evaluations and environmental insurance coverages.
* Collaborate with internal and external engineers and environmental scientists in completing assessment of risk for current and prospective Chubb Environmental Risk insureds.
* Develop technical risk evaluation work products.
* Provide environmental risk consultation to underwriting business partners and Regional Management.
* Support the preparation and delivery of value-added products and services for insureds.
* Complete assignments within expected time frames and levels of effort.
* Assist with development of budget estimates for large scale projects / risk evaluations.
* Reporting to the Building Sciences and Environmental Engineering Manager, complete all assignments within established deadlines.
* Pro-active communication with Program Manager and underwriting business partners on account review status, and changes to initial work request.
* Support as needed Quality Review of work product or deliverable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in science or engineering.
* Minimum of ten years of environmental consulting experience; three years supporting environmental insurance risk evaluations is a plus.
* Must have or be eligible for and obtain professional registration or certification, from appropriate State authority.
* Proficient with multiple database software programs, MS Office software products, financial tools, and project management programs.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to perform and supervise all tasks associated with primary area of expertise. Must have a working knowledge of all standard methods and procedures used on a regular basis by scientists working in the primary area of expertise. Must have a working knowledge of state and federal guidelines / regulations regarding subsurface investigation and remediation. Must be capable of integrating data, interpreting results and presenting conclusions in clear, concise and comprehensive technical reports. Must have good oral and written communication skills.
DESIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS:
* Combines both logical and conceptual thinking to draw conclusions from complex technical information.
* Closely coordinates with Program / Regional Manager on program goals and service delivery improvements.
* Produces quality written products within required deadlines, which may include expedited project requests.
* Demonstrates initiative and ownership in seeking and addressing opportunities and correcting or overcoming problems.
* Demonstrates high energy and focus.
* Develops relationships and works well with others, including in remote work environments.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Location - US-Based
Travel - 30% travel domestically.
May be required to work in an environment that contains chemicals or hazardous materials.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.