Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety [QEHS] Coordinator
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with an eye for detail to work in a collaborative environment and to be a successful QEHS coordinator. You should demonstrate detailed knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and should possess excellent communication and training skills.
The position requires coordinating, implementing, and executing tasks to support and maintain customer and regulatory compliance requirements using quality and safety management systems, work processes, standards, and procedures to meet business and objectives of multiple sites. Responsibilities
- Responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and enforcing of safety and quality procedures.
- Take ownership of workplace safety programs and train staff on proper procedures to avoid accidents or injuries.
- Manage environmental permit requirements
- Assist in ensuring and monitoring regulatory issues
- Collect data, analyze data and create reports
- Monitoring operational processes and employee activities
- Conducting inspections and identifying hazards and QEHS violations.
- Conduct industrial hygiene monitoring
- Prepare documents as directed.
- Be part of team promoting good safety behavior
- Understand existing safety and environmental regulations and continually review new and proposed regulations
- Manage safety and quality training program
- Execute other duties in support of quality, environmental, health and safety programs.
- Preparing and submitting health and safety compliance documents to the relevant organizations.
- Keeping abreast of the latest EHS trends, policies, regulations, and best practices.
- Potential areas of work include, but not limited to waste management, pesticide registrations, LockOut-TagOut, implementation of confined space program, wastewater discharge permit, SPCC/SWPPP/PIPP, incident investigations, maintaining records, follow up on corrective/preventive actions, regulatory reporting, food safety certification, quality system, sustainability, job hazard analysis, and administrative function.
· A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Science or related discipline Skills/Experience/Qualification
- Detail and process oriented
- Good analytical and communication [verbal & written] skills
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment and with changing priorities
- Have a "can-do" attitude
- Comfortable working with software applications and use of MS Office
- Familiar developing & managing ISO9001 & ISO14001 systems
- 2-5 years experience in similar roles
- Self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks
- Challenge/question work practices to continuously improve them
- Excellent interpersonal skills who can effectively collaborate with a variety of individuals to achieve facility goals
- Ability to lead others by example
- Committed to a continued process of learning and making improvements
- Ability to quickly learn and apply evolving QEHS requirements, tools, and techniques
- Fully support the initiatives of QEHS both as a business and a site
- Strong organizational and time management skills