Scientist/ Sr Scientist, Computational Biology
at Abata Therapeutics
As part of a newly launched Third Rock Ventures company focused on treating auto-immunity, the Scientist/ Sr Scientist, Computational Biology will help drive development of novel therapeutics working closely with research, development and clinical functions.
Responsibilities May include:
- Develop and optimize TCR analysis capabilities
- Interpret scRNAseq, DNA-methylation, and related genomic data, integrating both public and proprietary data
- Collaborate cross-functionally to contribute to hypothesis-driven science
- Build bioinformatics pipelines for characterizing the TCR-repertoire from high throughput single cell sequencing assays
- Communicate and explain computational models and machine learning techniques to ensure collaborators understand capabilities, limitations and assumptions behind algorithms and methodologies
- PhD Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Biophysics, Machine Learning, or similar
- 2 plus year biotech experience preferred
- Bonus: experience in T cell immunology or immunoglobulin sequencing
- Experience with common bioinformatics tools and pipelines
- Experience with commonly used machine learning algorithms and tool sets
- Familiarity with concepts, techniques, and common tools used for sequence analysis and protein structure modeling.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, HPC environments, and high-level commonly used data science programming languages (e.g. R, Python).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
29 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
P (617) 585-2000