is seeking a Consulting Services Intern III to be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
This position will perform environmental field and reporting tasks on projects in Pittsburgh and surrounding states. The selected candidate must be willing and able to learn new methods for data collection, be self-motivated, and able to follow through with assignments.
This is an intern-level professional position providing the individual an opportunity to learn water resources, natural resources, wetland science and field sampling skills. This position requires knowledge of the MS Office Suite, data management, and the ability to support environmental permitting and natural resources studies.
The candidate should have a basic knowledge of water quality, wetlands, and aquatic ecology, some field data collection. GIS mapping and GPS experience are preferred, but not necessary. The candidate should have experience or interest in field collections of biological, physical, and chemical data in various media (water, soil, sediment, biota), including basic experience with field equipment, measurements, and lab procedures.
This position is expected to begin in May, 2022. At AECOM, were delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether its improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. Were one global team 47,000 strong driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support office and field tasks
- Field sampling and survey support including wetlands surveys, wildlife surveys, media sampling (soil, water, sediment), on-water sampling
- Office reporting/data validation/ entry tasks
- Performs a variety of routine tasks to gain experience and familiarization with methods, practice, and programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to work as part of a larger team is a must.
- Travel may be required based on need.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Natural Resource Management, Biology, Ecology, Botany, Wetland Science, Environmental Science, Geology, or related field
- Must have completed 3 years of study
- Valid U.S. Driver's License
- Due to the nature of the work, U.S. Citizenship is required
- Candidate must have excellent technical writing skills and the ability to effectively express his or herself orally among internal staff, clients, and sub-contractors.
- Office-based tasks may include conducting entry and reporting of field-collected data, performing spatial analysis, aerial photographic interpretation, and visualization of field-collected data using mapping tools.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work independently or in a fast-paced team environment.
- The candidate must exhibit a mature sense of professional responsibility and awareness of accepted standards of professional behavior.
- The candidate must be experienced with basic computer programs; MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with statistics, GPS, ArcGIS, or AutoCAD is a plus.
What We Offer
- This position is expected to be full-time with a duration of approximately 3 months (may be subject to change).
- Employee may be asked to submit a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) at the time of hire, as this position could require operating a vehicle when visiting field/job sites.
- Please note AECOM may offer the option to work partially remotely for this position, although a candidate local to the western Pennsylvania or eastern Ohio areas is necessary.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether youre working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and lets get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each persons potential, and well help you reach yours.Job Category
Vacation Student / Internship / GraduateBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.