At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 16 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
Come see what's cookin'!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we're growing all the time. We are preparing to launch a new company and looking for a well rounded operations superstar for an Operations Manager's role.
The team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As the Procurement Manager, Meat and Seafood of this new venture you will work directly with the founding team to implement and optimize every aspect of our protein supply chain. The main function of this role is to lead our sourcing process for meat and seafood products, and establish strong relationships with farmers, fisheries and processors. This role touches on all key aspects of the supply chain, including product and vendor sourcing, inventory management, fulfillment optimization and cost optimization. This role is a good blend of strategy, as it directly supports long term and high impact product development goals for the company, and execution, as it directly drives launch activities of the new venture.
You will ...
- Work with all suppliers to source the best quality products and place orders at the right price
- Work with the founders to define the buying strategy at every stage of growth of the new venture. This will include decisions between spot purchases and annual contracts, as well as defining the right level of intermediation in the supply chain
- Research, identify and develop relationships with new sources of suppliers for the company that meet criteria including (but not limited to) price, quantity, quality and timeliness
- Negotiate and manage relationships with existing network of suppliers and vendors
- Manage inventory levels and ensure proper coverage based on our forecast. You will coordinate product and supplies delivery to our Distribution Centers
- You will report on key performance indicators and look for ways to improve week over week. You will leverage available data and reports to understand ops performance and drive changes based on those insights
- A natural owner - You are super reliable and thoughtful in managing your responsibilities, you care about the outcome and quality of your work and the work of your team, and you earn the trust of your colleagues
- Results-oriented - You apply a sense of urgency to your work; you have a demonstrated hunger and ability to deliver impact. You are a natural hustler with a contagious "can-do" attitude
- A data-driven critical thinker and problem solver - You use data and logic to identify opportunities, diagnose issues, evaluate alternatives, and synthesize and present critical information to solve complex problems
- Intellectually curious - You have an insatiable desire to understand why things are the way they are, how things work, and to challenge the status quo; you search for information and answers in an evolving landscape
- Agile and organized - You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments; you can multitask and prioritize your responsibilities and the responsibilities of others; you demonstrate a methodical approach to all of your work. You are impeccable with your attention to data and detail, time management, and organization.
- A self-starter - You are comfortable working autonomously and are obsessive about producing high quality work; you're eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- A team player - You favor team victories over individual success
At a minimum, you have...
- BA/BS in Business, Management or Engineering with strong academic record
- Have at least 4 years of protein procurement experience
- Exceptional project management skills
- Superior analytical skills and operational modeling capabilities - able to gather, organize, analyze, visualize, and present data to enable decision-making
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- Understanding of the operations, supply chain, and product offering of food direct-to-consumer businesses is a big plus
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave & PTO policy
- Flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- Flexibility to work from home or from our office in Manhattan
- Significant discounts on your subscriptions to brands of HelloFresh Group
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers' homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company's commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn