Integrative Data SciencesWho We Are:
Were a new kind of biotech, one with a bold mission to bring innovative new medicines at dramatically lower costs.What You'll Do:
As a key contributor in the building of a digitally native life sciences company, you will work to streamline the drug discovery process with modern data science by building scalable data systems and state-of-the-art computational tools. You'll build systems that capture the complexities of drug discovery and molecular optimization and the underlying biology and chemistry. You will work with our talented software engineers to bring these tools into production, facilitating the development of insightful data products for our world-class experts in portfolio strategy and drug discovery. You'll use your data scientific, biological, and chemical expertise to guide infrastructure design, ensuring a useful digital representation of the discovery process.
In your role you will evaluate, implement, and perfect a broad variety of computational methods for drug discovery, especially in biologicals, providing key insights on efficacy, generality, and relevance to EQRx technology development strategy. You'll develop tools, techniques, and data products shaped by these insights, integrating these results into EQRx's drug discovery, preclinical experimentation, clinical trialing, and strategic modeling workflows. You will be part of a larger Data Science and Engineering team that combines areas of expertise to gain a molecular understanding of disease etiology, to identify novel targets and chemical matter, assess preclinical model translation relevance and patient population heterogeneity.The Impact You Will Have:
You will help us in our goal to radically lower drug prices and expand access, by integrating modern data science and computational techniques for rational antibody design into a rapid, state-of-the-art drug development process. You'll drive the adoption of data products based on seamless, transparent, data and bioinformatic tools across a data-first life sciences company. You will enable experts across EQRx to see further, connecting data from biology to the clinic and patients, powering a novel paradigm in drug development.Your Professional Superpowers:
- You have 2+ years of experience in data science or computational biology in industry.
- You have a Ph.D. (preferred) or Masters with additional experience in a quantitative scientific field such as chemistry, physics, computational biology, computer science, or engineering.
- You are fluent in python (strongly preferred) or R and cloud-native data science from data extraction and organization to code sharing.
- You have experience organizing biological and chemical information in rational, reusable schemas. Ideally, this includes experience with database design, and you can employ generalizable design approaches that are robust to new use cases and product requests.
- You have deep experience in computational biology, having frequently implemented bioinformatic tools, and have a keen eye for automating repeatable workflows
- Ideally, you have experience with the application of modern machine learning methods, with a focus on delivering tangible value instead of adding unnecessary complexity .
- You have experience working with large biological databases (i.e., PDB, IEDB, IMGT, etc.), and understand how to leverage public data to enable team members to see further with data.
- You are well practiced in SQL, and can construct complex queries to meet diverse business needs.
- You think deeply about how to capture the complex hierarchy of biological information from sequence and structure to gene and pathway to clinical phenotype and present this to experts with diverse backgrounds.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to translate complex analyses into insightful visuals and presentations for audiences with a wide range of technical backgrounds.
- You are empathetic with end users; proficient at turning business and scientific questions into testable, clean, and reproducible data scientific workflows.
- You have a quick, flexible mind and can rapidly learn new fields and use data science to improve decision making and workflows
- You are an avid reader of the literature; excited to try novel tools and techniques to solve problems.
- You can participate and work effectively on multiple cross-functional teams.
- You play well in the sandbox. You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Teams love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You're a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
Subject to legally required accommodations, candidates should be aware that EQRx currently maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
EQRx is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.