Worldwide Counter Threat Solutions (WCTS), an award-winning contracting firm, is gathering resumes of interested candidates for upcoming work expansion. This position is contingent upon contract award.
For 10+ years WCTS has been part of a team supporting numerous research and development, test and evaluation, and forensic chemical analysis projects related to defense and national security. The candidate must be motivated to contribute to a team environment, collaborate across multiple scientific and technical disciplines, and be excited to develop new skills.Location:
June 2022Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following services:
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Duties may be executed in a CONUS or OCONUS laboratory and include performing forensic analyses of samples that have been collected.
- Operate, maintain, and perform sample analysis on laboratory instrumentation/tools, including but not limited to: Immuno Assays, Real Time PCR, Pyrosequencers, Genetic Sequencers (including next generation sequencing).
- Create special reports on anomalies that occur in implementing processes, develop inputs, and create updates to analytical procedures.
- Utilize tools and techniques such as basic microbiology, bioinformatics data bases, meta-genomic analytical tools and traditional microscopy.
- Developing methods for the detection of a wide variety of analytes.
- Developing and executing test plans; and data analysis
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Detail oriented and be able to appropriately document their work.
- Must have 2 years' experience working in the IC environment.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in the natural or physical sciences is required of candidates with specific analytical chemistry experience preferred.
- Experience with gas and/or liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) or Raman, spectroscopy, biochemical assays, or other chemical analysis methods such as X-ray diffraction (XRD), X-ray fluorescence (XRF), scanning electron microscopy-energy dispersive spectroscopy (SEM-EDS), ion chromatography-mass spectrometry (IC-MS), and/or inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) is desired
- Previous work in a chemical analysis laboratory and experience in applying quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) procedures
- Previous research and development experience
- Flexibility to balance multiple on-going tasks while operating efficiently with minimal supervision
- Candidate must be able to think creatively and demonstrate curiosity in conducting projects
- Familiarity with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
B.S. in Biology or other related physical science and 5 years of additional relevant work experience.Clearance:
This position requires that the candidate be willing and able to complete a successful background screening for a security clearance. Candidates with an active security clearance will receive preference.Citizenship Status:
U.S. CitizenAbout Worldwide Counter Threat Solutions:
WCTS appreciates the importance of high caliber professionals and offers an attractive salary and benefits package that includes industry leading Medical, Dental, life and Disability Insurance; 401K, paid time off, and holidays to ensure the highest quality of life for our employees. A career with our world-class team at WCTS offers unparalleled opportunities for growth worldwide. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. WCTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WCTS participates in
Powered by JazzHR