About The Role
Computational Biologist - Applications
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our Computational Biology group
. You will work closely with talented biochemists, microfluidics engineers, chemists and software engineers to analyze data generated from our single-cell and spatial genomic assays. Our products have allowed researchers to study biology at unprecedented resolution and scale yielding insights in diverse fields such as cancer biology, immunology, neuroscience, developmental and basic biology.
You will apply existing computational methods and develop new ways to analyze and understand large, multimodal, and complex datasets. Working with our R&D group and with external partners you will solve problems by developing insights into high-resolution and high-throughput biological data. You will then communicate those results in presentations and reports.
You will also contribute to the development of our software tools so that all our users can benefit from your abilities to extract information from the data generated by our assays.
You have a strong background in computational biology or bioinformatics and you have experience working with single cell and/or spatial data. You have a deep understanding of biology at the cellular and molecular level and you can interpret the results of your analyses within their biological context. You are a good programmer who can take an idea and quickly implement it in code. You are able to communicate your ideas and work effectively with an interdisciplinary team and incorporate their feedback into your analysis. You are a strategic thinker, highly motivated, proactive and flexible in changing direction and methods. You thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, communicate clearly and get the job done.What You Will Be Doing
- Use existing and novel computational approaches to analyze complex single cell and spatial datasets
- Work with internal groups at 10x as well as external partners to solve problems with data analysis
- Communicate findings to multiple parties
- Contribute to 10x software tools
- PhD or MS plus equivalent experience in a quantitative field (e.g. biology, bioinformatics, computational/systems biology, physics, mathematics, computer science)
- Experience working on problems involving complex biological systems at high-resolution
- Experience using computational methods to extract insight from large datasets
- Experience with the analysis of NGS data
- Strong grounding in the state-of-the art with respect to single cell biology and computational analysis
- Ability to quickly conceive and implement custom computational methods and algorithms and apply them to large data sets
- Strong programming ability in a language such as Python or R
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently
About 10x Genomics
- Creative problem solver who obsesses over finding useful biologically relevant information in data
- Experience working in an applied biological field such as immunology, tumor biology, neurobiology or similar
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.