Transition Bio is an innovative, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision of being the world leader in data-driven discovery, analysis, and modulation of biological condensates. At Transition Bio, multidisciplinary teams with diverse skillsets in molecular biology, biophysics, chemistry, engineering, data science and machine learning work closely together, building first-in-class technology platforms for condensate analysis and high-throughput drug screening. With close affiliation to Cambridge and Harvard universities, our approach is truly original and encompasses a growing collection of novel technologies and methodologies.
We are looking for an outstanding Systems Biology Scientist to join our Discovery Team. The Scientist will assume a critical role responsible for designing and analyzing genomics, proteomics, and functional cell assays of our high throughput discovery platform and identifying hits.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of gleaning biological insight from multimodal experimental data. Deep understanding of network genomics and cellular circuits, broad experience working with all types of "omics" data across a variety of disease modalties, experience in early discovery and exceptional ability to learn new biology are required.
The Scientist will have strong interpersonal skills, will have demonstrated a successful track record delivering against challenging commitments, and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology and bioinformatics, cellular and molecular biology, protein engineering and translational sciences.
- Working within a highly innovative group using biotechnology, cellular and molecular biology, material science, protein engineering and computational science to develop our high throughput discovery platform
- Lead the development of novel assays for multimodal characterizisation of biological systems, including single cells, and lead the development of pipelines for analyzing these data to gain novel insight
- Identify targets and investigate their biological rationale relying on the internal transcriptomic, epigenomic, proteomic data and functional measurements
- Lead the curation and the analysis of public omics databases to supplement the internal data
- PhD in Biology / Computational Biology or a similar field
- 5 years of post-doctoral, biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience in mining and analysing transcriptomic, genomic and epigenomic data
- Knowledge and experience in the analysis of NGS data
- Expertise in analyzing cellular imaging data[KS1]
- Expertise in analyzing single cell data
- Experience inPython, Perl, R and Cloud infrastructure [KS2]
- Experience with biologicaldata visualisation softwares e.g. Cytoscape
- A strong desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A deep grounding and aptitude in cutting edge science and a high degree of integrity
- Focus, team orientation and a can-do motivating attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
Transition Bio, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .