We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to join our experienced drug discovery and development team evaluating novel therapies for cancer and inflammatory diseases. The individual will have a background in biochemical and cellular biological in vitro assays in the setting of developing and screening therapeutic small molecule compounds. The person will contribute to our goal of bringing forward novel first-in-class drugs. The ideal candidate will support & execute cancer cell screening assays and support translational biology activities. The successful candidate will interact with a highly dynamic team of scientists to evaluate novel drug candidates, mechanisms of action, and combination therapies. This candidate will work closely with team members across our research programs and serve within our oncology & translational medicine team.
KQ Biosciences is committed to the discovery and development of innovative drugs to transform cancer treatments. KQ brings together an accomplished management team and distinguished scientific founder to translate innovative research to novel therapeutics. Our team has a proven track record of drug discovery and development, having played pivotal roles in the discovery of multiple clinical-stage compounds as well as an approved drug for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.Experience
- B.A/ or B.S. (M.S. optional), with technical and scientific expertise in drug discovery, where industry experience is preferred.
- Expertise in tissue culture and in vitro cell based assays
- Expertise in molecular techniques is preferred (DNA/RNA extraction, cloning, transfection/transduction, RNAi, ELISA, western blotting)
- Serve within the oncology team to support our screening efforts, and exploratory biology.
- Be an effective team player in a collaborative matrix-working environment
- Be a strong individual contributor, flexible, innovative, and able to work on multiple projects and deliver results in a timely manner
Kumquat Biosciences offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. Job candidates should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19 : is required subject to legally required exceptions. Kumquat is an equal opportunity employer and encourages potential or current employees to request a reasonable accommodation under federal, state and local regulations, should one be needed.