Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring Thanokine TM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages Thanokines TM , and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the Thanokines TM that are released. Thanokines TM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that Thanokines TM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanokine TM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. The Position:
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a creative Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, to build and develop a world-class team of scientists to advance and expand Inzen's platform technology.
As the Senior or Principal Scientist, you will work across multiple therapeutic areas and projects, providing scientific advisement to design and optimize expression cassettes for therapeutic payloads .You will work cross-functionally to develop creative and innovative approaches to optimize delivery and develop clear biological hypotheses for improving targeting, tissue uptake, and payload expression by leading the development of efficient and predictive in vitro and in vivo assays for library screening.
InzenTherapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early-stage, big concept biotechnology company. You will be essential to contribute to theexpansion of our portfolio of programs through the discovery of novel targets. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- Build, lead and mentor a small team of researchers to guide the design, build and testing of DNA libraries to optimize production and delivery of genetic payloads
- Develop approaches to deliver genetic payloads to diverse mammalian cell types in vitro and in vivo;
- Create cell lines harboring customized and controllable genetic payloads and oversee the production and purification of viral vectors for delivery in in vitro and in vivo models; Work closely with development teams to adapt reagents, assays and methods to manufacturing
- Establish a systematic workflow incorporating appropriate assays and QC metrics to ensure quality and to enable rapid optimization of payloads
- Proactively engaging with colleagues from diverse functional areas as well as developing external collaborations with academic and biotechnology partners to develop and integrate enabling technology
- Demonstrate ability to engage and effectively influence team members across multidisciplinary teams while prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Drive curiosity, scientific rigor and excellent problem-solving skills across a fast-paced performance driven environment
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, Genetics, Bioengineering, or other relevant discipline and 5+years' experienceof relevant research experience within biotech/pharma industry or equivalent combination of education/experience is required.
- Extensive experience in DNA structure and function; genetic mobile elements; molecular biology skills and knowledge required
- Extensive experience with modern molecular biology techniques, including cloning, sequencing, recombination, construct design and optimization. Knowledge of Golden Gate cloning strategies and associated molecular toolkits preferred.
- Strong background in protein engineering preferred
- Strong background in bioinformatics and genomic data analysis strongly preferred
- Experience with Design of Experiment (DOE) methodologies, performing protein mutagenesis and evolution, and experience with multiple modes of vector delivery a plus.
- Proven track record of working with external providers and CROs to enable complex molecular biology workflows and construction strategies.
- Experience with Next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies
- Expertise in advanced cell culture techniques, including familiarity with large-scale compatible manufacturing techniques and industry best practices, is required.
- Familiarity with cutting-edge standards and including analytical methodologies for cell medicine development is required
- Must have experience and the ability to think critically and develop creative ideas to contribute to strategic decision-making.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to and leverage your superior problem-solving skills in a face-paced environment and the flexibility to change priorities as needed.
- Superior verbal/presentationcommunications skills required to persuade cross-functional teams to make decisions based on sound scientific expertise.
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies
: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, "FSP") do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering's internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.