Job DescriptionArizona College of Nursing
is seeking a Lab Assistant - Microbiology for our Southfield, Michigan Campus!Why Should You Work with Us?
Arizona College is a fast growing and nationally accredited healthcare institution looking to add highly capable and entrepreneurial minded individuals to our growing team. With eight campuses across Arizona, Nevada, Florida, and Texas, we are poised to capitalize on the growing demand for nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Putting students first, we are dedicated to providing students with an exceptional education in growing healthcare fields; teaching them relevant, required skills for today and the future. Our culture is positive, supportive, and collaborative. As a team, we continually embrace our core values:
Passion - We love helping others succeed.
Adaptability - We learn, in part, by trying new ideas.
Accountability - We own our results.
Integrity - We do the right thing.
Excellence - We strive to be the best.
The Science Lab Assistant supports student academic success by preparing, assisting, and resetting lab sessions.Essential Responsibilities:
- Works in conjunction with Dean of General Education and faculty to coordinate instructional lab sessions.
- Assists students with experiments during lab sessions.
- Understands and educates students on proper hazardous waste disposal procedures.
- Stores and disposes of hazardous waste following OSHA and campus safety protocols.
- Enforces lab safety codes in all science lab areas to assure student and colleague safety.
- Communicates professionally with science faculty regarding special needs and maintenance of laboratory facilities.
- Coordinates purchasing of all science supplies and special equipment with General Education Faculty.
- Coordinates service and replacement of laboratory equipment with General Education Faculty.
- Efficiently sets up science labs.
- Organizes and restocks laboratory supplies.
- Accounts for laboratory inventory and reports to supervisor for ordering supplies
- Performs assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Other duties as assigned.How Will You Be Contributing?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
What We Are Offering You:
- Graduate degree in biology or related field with relevant coursework in Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry from an accredited program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- At least 15 semester credit hours or equivalent in the subject area.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, follow oral and written instructions; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development.
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment.
- Rest and relaxation with paid sick leave and holiday benefits.
- Preparation for the future with a 401(k) and company match.