Environmental Heath and Safety Manager
a contract development and manufacturing company (CDMO) specializing in liquid and aerosol filling for personal care and pharmaceutical marketers, is seeking an experience Environmental Heath and Safety (EHS) Manager
for immediate addition to our fast growing team.Job Description:
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager is responsible for ensuring facility compliance with corporate Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) requirements and governmental regulations. Specific duties include safety training, compliance audits, leading employee committees, managing improvement projects, waste management and record keeping. The ultimate goal is driving EHSS excellence in all areas and are demonstrated by driving EHS improvements, tackling and implementing EHSS projects and initiatives. The EHS Manager must demonstrate a progressive leadership style to manage, coach and mentor a small staff and have uncompromising standards and is a collaborative team player, communicating professionally, and demonstrates accountability. Is open to new and innovative ideas and focuses on continuous improvement and brings a positive attitude to the workplace. He/she must have good communication skills, both written and oral and can work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with the ability to manage a complex workload. This position reports to the CEO.Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Manages site Title V Air Permitting and compliance, wastewater permits, stormwater permits, RCRA and remediation programs.
- Reviews safety and work practices at plant level and conduct Incident Investigations with General Managers and other facility personnel.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with facility environmental permits and acts as a primary liaison with government inspectors.
- Conducts routine site review with leadership team to define site-specific EHS goals and monitor progress.
- Facilitates/Leads joint employee-management EHS committees.
- Develops and leads site specific EHS improvement initiatives such as waste reduction, injury avoidance and improved employee involvement.
- Provides prompt and complete communications with corporate EHS personnel regarding incidents and spills as required by corporate requirements.
- Conducts and documents routine EHS (including security) audits and inspections.
- Develop, implement, and manage emergency response programs including ensuring adequate training is conducted and drills completed.
- Manages the collection, storage, transportation, and shipping of hazardous waste.
- Facilitates the return to work of injured workers and manages Worker Compensation claims.
- Drive and implement a total Safety Culture using behavior-based methodologies.
- Conduct weekly & monthly audits, reporting and investigations.
- Lead a cross functional Safety Committee.
- Develop and manage projects related to PSM.
- Prepare and maintain the management system for compliance.
- Prepare activity reports as communication to the PSM and EHS Team members.
- Maintain education/training on OSHA/EPA requirements and other mandatory local, state, and federal topics.
- Develop and promote programs to educate first level Supervisors and Managers to effectively instruct employees.
- Manage contracted services and support corporate guidelines.
- BS in EHS, Industrial Safety or Hygiene; advanced degree and/or professional certification(s) preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in the safety, environment, and health field in a manufacturing setting, with at least three years in a leadership role.
- Strong track record for transformative results through programs, training, and culture shaping.
- Demonstrated success in EHS leadership, and passionate commitment to the safety of others.
- Demonstrated program development, implementation, and training success.
- Certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid.
Competitive Salary/ Pay & Packages, Vacations, Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Disability (Long term/ Short term) and Continuous Training. Work where you are HAPPY!
Tri-Pac, Inc. also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth. www.tri-pac.us
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with Tri-Pac, Inc.
Tri-Pac, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer To Staffing & Recruitment Agencies
: Our Company does not accept unsolicited CV's or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV's or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.COVID-19 considerations:
All employees are mandated to wear masks while in any of the facilities. All employees are mandated to wear face shields, booties, hair nets and other PPE as required.
Powered by JazzHR