Services include processing, curating, integrating, and interpreting single-cell and other omic data sets. The candidate should be familiar with bioinformatics pipelines, tools, and algorithms, possess some biomedical domain knowledge or experience, and have good communication skills. The candidate will be associated with the JRD Data Science Data Platforms and Privacy group, partnering with the JRD Data Science organization, JRD therapeutic areas, functions, and vendor teams to facilitate the generation of insights from high-dimensional omics datasets.Qualifications:
- A Ph.D. OR a Master's degree with at least three years of relevant experience OR a bachelor's degree with eight years of experience in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, engineering, or immunology is required.
- Strong experience with Python or R programming language is required.
- Familiarity with standard bioinformatics workflows and algorithms is required.
- Experience processing omics (transcriptomics, proteomics, genotypes, etc.) or other high-dimensional data is required.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills are required.
- Experience analyzing single-cell sequencing data is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a related field is preferred.
- Familiarity with AI/ML techniques and approaches is preferred.
- Experience with cloud computing is preferred.
- Experience with databases (SQL, NoSQL) is preferred.
- Experience with NextFlow pipelines is a plus.
- Familiarity with immunology is a plus.
- Develop and maintain single-cell data processing pipelines in partnership with computational biologists in support of key scientific objectives
- Integrate single-cell datasets into atlases focused on specific scientific questions
- Curate, process and analyze single-cell datasets and present results to relevant stakeholders as required
- Develop and support visualization tools to facilitate interpretation of data and analyses