Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 55 countries and about 58,000 staff.Job Description
Eurofins TestAmerica, Inc. is searching for a Analyst I in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Analyst I prepares and analyzes environmental samples using standard analytical techniques according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with Eurofins Eurofins Eurofins TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's.Chemist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
- Preparation of samples using standard techniques
- Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques
- Calculating data
- Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the supervisor
- Performing routine instrument maintenance
Responsible for performing job functions in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica's EHS and QA standardsResponsible for general housekeeping in his/her work areaAbility to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems.Works under close supervision using routine and standard methodsAliquots and weighs samplesWashes glasswareConducts all activities in a safe and efficient mannerPerforms other duties as assigned
Position is full-time and is open on 1st shift, Tuesday-Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., OR 2nd shift and M-F, with overtime as needed .
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Pittsburgh, PA are encouraged to apply.Qualifications
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- BS or BA in Chemistry, Biology or related field
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Laboratory experience is a plus
- Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet deadlines)
- Minimum of 16 credits of College Chemistry Courses
- Ability to use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
- Ability to complete work within time and quality constraints
- Can work independently following written or verbal instructions
- Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
- Able to follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Organic preparation
- Metals preparation and analysis
- Gas Chromatography
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
- Radio Chemistry
- Wet Chemistry
- High Resolution preparation and analysis
- Low Resolution preparation and analysis
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.