Are you a Lab Operations Manager with experience as a leader in a manufacturing environment in the biotech industry? Do you have experience working on automated liquid handlers? Have you worked in a collaborative environment on multidisciplinary projects? If so, this Lab Operations Manager position may be a great fit.
Based in the Bay Area, this company is developing technology to write DNA at speed and scale, enabling them to reprogram biology and solve some of mankind's obstacles. They are looking for a Lab Operations Manager to play a central role in bringing their technology to market. They will cover all of the company's logistical needs as they develop their platform for scalable production of long synthetic DNA. The ideal candidate will build a foundation upon which they can grow an operations team that they would manage, as their scope of work scales.You Will:
- Maintain stocks of production supplies, common use supplies, and standard supplies
- Analyze historical trends and forecast from orders and internal needs
- Manage lab instrumentation including troubleshooting, calibration and updates
- Create best practices and maintain SOPs for the usage and cleaning of lab instruments and space
- Troubleshoot and resolve vendor issues
- Capture incoming vendor QC data and certificates of compliance
- Order materials
- Receive, disposition, and stock incoming materials
- Ship outgoing product
- Work with operations to set shipping methods
- Stock shipping supplies
- Update system with tracking information
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in tech or life science tools industry operations or logistics.
- Experience with automated liquid handling robots
- Experience with PCR, nucleic acid purification, and NGS library prep
- Start-up experience
- Pragmatic, flexible problem solver
- Strong track record of working in a highly collaborative environment on multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience as a supervisor or manager of a team.
- Good network of contacts for external vendors & contractors
- Experience with operational scaling and new process implementation.
If you're an exceptional Lab Operations Manager with experience in synthetic biology, please apply today!
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare/Insurance Benefits
- Genuine team and a fun work environment
- Great location