Our client, a Fortune 500 Engineering firm, is looking for a mid-level Environmental Engineer/Scientist to support several of our existing federal and private sector clients! This is a Contract-to-Hire role.JOB DUTIES:
- Project management support.
- Environmental planning support.
- Site investigation support including Phase I and II ESAs, preliminary assessments, remedial investigations, feasibility studies
- Assisting with air, water, and waste permitting and maintaining awareness of the compliance status for all environmental permits.
- Overseeing regulatory and other external reporting requirements and ensure reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner, e.g. Tier II, Toxic Release Inventory (TRI), biennial hazardous waste reports, discharge monitoring reports, air reports, etc.
- Developing plans, including SPCC plans, SWPPPs, hazardous waste contingency plans, waste management plans, etc.
- Delivering environmental training to industrial and/or federal clients; and
- Other environmental compliance activities such as environmental health and safety (EHS) experience.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and Federal environmental statutes and State-specific regulations including Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA), and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES).
- Technical writing experience: experience or ability to document meeting discussions and prepare meeting minutes.
- Ability to gather and organize project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports, and provide recommendations without assistance.
- Expertise in data management and tracking including utilizing databases and web-based information systems.
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience.
- Field work (e.g., soil, soil vapor, and groundwater sampling including experience with PFAS).
- EHS and ISO 14001 auditing.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Self-motivated with attention to detail; ability to problem solve and function as a member of a team.