SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
The Market Research Analyst, NR MI, serving as a member of the SGS Germany NR MI team of researchers and analysts on energy and fuels, shall research, analyze and formulate reports, news items and other content relating to policy, market and industry developments in NAM markets.
- Participates in research and analytical work conducted alone or in cooperation with other team members as part of the larger projects and executes stand-alone project(s) such as bespoke consulting jobs. Researches, analyses and reports on the key policy and market developments in the fuel and energy sectors in North America under the following headings: fuels quality, vehicle emissions and alternative energies in transport, refining and vehicle industries, climate change mitigation and environment and presents the same through the various communication channels such as websites, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Regularly networks with all stakeholder groups including existing and potential customers, policy makers, industry associations and trade bodies.
- Updates and maintains, as necessary, the databases with global fuel quality requirements and actual market fuel quality
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Environmental, Civil) or Legal/Public affairs in combination with relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the international consultancy or journalism relevant to energy, fuels, vehicle industries
- Understanding and basic knowledge of of the market on fuels quality, conventional and alternative energies in transportation (road, off-road, marine, aviation), refining, vehicle emissions, environment and climate change mitigation in North America (US and Canada).
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.