The Health, Safety, and Environmental Manager will develop, plan, coordinate, and manage all health, safety, and environmental programs and their associated day-to-day functions. Ensure Symmetry Medical Jet is in compliance with all standards associated with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Conducts safety inspections, accident investigations, and safety training and ensures continued ISO 14001 certification along with compliance with applicable company policies, and local, state, and federal regulations. This position is responsible for reviewing and managing risk avoidance regarding Environment, Health, and Safety. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following:
- Create, prepare, distribute, enforce and maintain written health, safety, and environmental programs and policies
- Oversees the management, implementation, and coordination of safety program to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, Illnesses, deaths, and financial losses; develops accident-prevention and loss-control
- Manages the administration, planning, and development of the worker's compensation insurance program and claim activities with the Worker's Compensation carrier.
- Conducts routine and follow-up safety and hazard inspections of the company facilities.
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the company to ensure efficient and safe operations of the company facilities.
- Assist with ISO Environmental audits for sister companies and training of EMRs at other units as needed.
- Establishes and implements short-and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program/project effectiveness; effects changes required for improvements.
- Provides senior management with data necessary in order for the Company to negotiate the most favorable and cost-effective coverage worker's compensation insurance.
- Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations and/or takes action for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Leads and/or guides the company safety committee.
- Respond to accidents, injuries and incidents, conduct investigation, provide appropriate reporting and maintain all required records relating to workers compensation and OSHA compliance.
- Ensure all safety and environmental programs are meeting OSHA and EPA standards.
- Facilitate, review and approval of changes in Risk Policies.
- Responsible for the maintenance and administration of the MSDS program.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive and positive, with internal and external customers and coworkers.
EDUCATION AND OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Working knowledge of personal computer, keyboard, and various software programs.
- Knowledge of various office equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 Regulations
- OSHA and MIOSHA Regulations.
- Training techniques for skill development
- Basic spreadsheet skills, Microsoft project and Visio
- Must possess a high level of organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Safety Professional, Industrial Hygienist a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level is usually loud.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Proven planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.