XYone Therapeutics is seeking an experienced, creative, and motivated scientist to join a team of experienced scientists in a fast-paced and science-focused company. The successful candidate will be involved in multiple aspects of the production and validation of recombinant antibodies, monoclonal antibodies, and novel protein modalities aimed at treating solid tumor and leukemia. The Immuno-oncology Research Associate will help build pre-clinical discovery programs and perform functional characterization studies to support the discovery efforts for our early-stage programs advancing our pipeline toward the clinic.Responsibilities:
- Culture and maintain cancer cell lines for experimental needs.
- Take part in generating DNA constructs to produce recombinant antibody molecules.
- Take part in developing antibody producing cells and other cell lines as required.
- Develop strategies to express, purify, and analyze proteins expressed in mammalian cells, develop new methods and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Purify antibodies from antibody-producing CHO cell culture and analyze the purity on protein gels.
- Screen hybridoma/ recombinant antibody clones utilizing ELISA, Flow Cytometry and cell-based functional assays.
- Develop and perform in vitro assays, to check the activity of antibody-based therapeutics.
- Develop and execute immunological assays including ELISA, cytokine production, cytotoxicity and proliferation.
- BS or MS in biology or a related discipline with 2+ years of laboratory experience
- Proficiency in basic laboratory techniques.
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture, maintenance, and propagation of cell lines is required.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology.
- Diligence in documenting work with electronic lab notebook and understanding of the importance of data integrity.
- Team player who collaborates and communicates effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Graphpad Prism.
XYone is a start-up biopharmaceutical company at Canton, MA founded by leading Harvard Medical School investigators. Development of top class immunotherapeutic for cancer and endocrine disorders using cutting edge technologies is the mission of our company. Our team is passionate about improving patients' lives through innovation. It offers challenging, inspiring, and collaborative environment.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits.