We are a dedicated group of scientists, physicians, and businesspeople working together toward one goal: to discover and develop therapies that can unleash the power of the body's immune system to treat and potentially cure cancer. We are passionate about the work we do every day at Agenus to deliver on the promise of immuno-oncology. If you're looking for an inspired environment, passionate colleagues, and a culture that nurtures learning, innovation and team success, we invite you to join us.Senior Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy - Discovery Biology
The Cancer Immunotherapy Discovery Biology team is seeking a highly motivated, creative and innovative drug discovery immunologist to help develop and advance a portfolio of next-generation tumor-immune modulating therapies. The ideal candidate will have expertise in subsets of tumor associated immunity and the tumor microenvironment including immune cell dysfunction and myeloid biology. She/He will contribute to the proposal of novel targets and innovative drug concepts, drive the drug discovery strategy, and lead the evaluation of novel cell and/or biologic cancer immunotherapy approaches.
In addition, the candidate will work as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team to support the advancement of novel drug candidates into early clinical development. The successful candidate is someone who can work effectively across boundaries, both cultural and functional. She/He will have opportunities to grow their career through the acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and resource-rich environment.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Application of knowledge of the tumor microenvironment to conceive and develop innovative therapies that target novel mechanisms of action to enhance the immune response cancer and address relapse/refractory mechanisms to current therapies
- Design, plan, and execute basic to complex cell-based assays and in vivo experiments to model disease biology for target validation, drug discovery and determination of mechanism of action
- Lead and interact collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of scientists to drive decision making and advance therapeutic programs
- Propose and implement novel technologies, models, or assays to support the drug discovery pipeline
- Interact with multiple partners and senior leadership to identify novel solutions to both project-specific and portfolio wide issues
- Provide supervision of junior scientists and contribute to building the culture of the team
- Communicate project updates and recommendations to leadership teams across the company
- Ph.D. in immunology, immuno-oncology, tumor immunology, or a related field, with at least 4 years of successful postdoctoral experience as demonstrated by strong publication record or 4 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong experience in characterizing immune cell function by phenotypic and functional assays including disease-relevant assays and in vivo tumor-bearing mouse models
- Demonstration of creative and innovative thinking, working both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Self-motivated and able to work on multiple projects in a matrix and fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to analyze and communicate complex data and science in a clear and concise manner through written or oral communications to internal and external stakeholders