Environmental Lab Technician
Trialon Corporation is the leader in providing automotive testing services and we are seeking a Full time, Environmental Lab Technician for our Burton, Michigan location.
We are seeking a Full Time, Environmental Lab Technician with 1-3+ years of Automotive Testing experience.Under the general direction of the Lab Manager and support from the lead lab technician, the junior Vibration test lab technician performs mid-level lab activities including the test preparation, set-up, execution, compiling of the test data and the writing of the test report.Environmental Lab Technician Essential Functions:
Environmental Lab Technician Qualifications/Skills:
- Assembles fixtures, load chambers for testing, compiles test data for internal and customer test reports, and maintains test lab equipment operation and calibration.
- Performs measurements for tests (materials, corrosion etc.) and maintains the lab.
- Additionally, the test lab technician may deliver parts to other departments for testing and relocates test lab equipment.
- General test preparation and setup
- Instrumenting test devices/chambers per the customers' request
- Independent tester/able to follow verbal and written procedural instructions
- Able to write testing reports for review as well as review others, read and interpret test data
- Able to understand and communicate timelines to team and customers
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Working knowledge of complex mechanical and/or electrical concepts, and the ability to read engineering drawings is a plus.
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Good computer skills, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Teams
- Strong people skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Willingness to travel to other Trialon Sites or customer locations.
- The position requires a one-year certificate from a college/technical school.
- Current experience in a testing lab; 1-3+ years.
- Knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical concepts.
- Experience with automotive electronics a plus.
- Capable of working 1st shift 8am-4:30pm-Monday-Friday, 40/hrs.-45/hrs. per week
The position is full time, direct hire with an hourly rate range based on experience and education.
We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage date of hire, 10 Paid Holidays, 401K/Match, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Should you be interested and qualified please submit your resume for review.