* Aseptically performs microbiology sampling, plating, and testing of samples daily.
* Conducts microbiological qualitative or quantitative analyses by meticulously following all SOP's and laboratory methods.
* Daily, check and record temperature of all refrigerators, freezers, and water baths in the Microbiology department.
* Daily, verify and record calibration of the top load balance used to weigh samples.
* Maintain proper record keeping for media preparation, the autoclaves, pH.
* Demonstrates proficiency in all microbiological tests that are assigned to a Laboratory Associate. This includes submitting accurate and timely results based on the analysis.
* Assists in maintaining quality system records to comply with all accrediting agencies.
* Perform regular maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments by inspecting, calibrating, cleaning, or sterilizing.
* Learns new techniques and technologies as appropriate.
* Participates in special projects as assigned by the Department Manager/Supervisor.
*Skills & Qualifications:*
* Bachelors degree in Biology, Microbiology, or related Science degree
* Laboratory experience from industry or academia
* Team player
* Critical thinking
* Ability to use your time, energy, resources, etc. in an effective manner.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.