Associate Director / Director, Computational Biology
at Faze Medicines
Faze Medicines is looking for an exceptional individual to help build our company's computational biology capabilities. We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and enthusiastic computational scientist to work on a variety of high-dimensional bioinformatics projects centered on target identification, drug discovery, platform development and translational research. The individual will integrate internal and external datasets, including next generation sequence data, proteomic data and metabolomic data. The successful candidate will be one who can develop novel methods, analytic strategies, and tools to filter, distill, and visualize multi-dimensional datasets to generate focused hypotheses that drive primary research. Critical components of the job include close collaboration with multi-disciplinary drug discovery and biology teams and external collaborators, as well as the ability to effectively represent and communicate concepts and findings to diverse audiences.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. computational biology or a related discipline and 10+ years of experience in an academic or industry setting
- Strong understanding of genetics, cellular/molecular biology, and experience in oncology, as well as other indications, especially in the context of drug discovery
- Extensive knowledge and experience with several individual "-omic", and integrating across multi "-omics", technologies (ex. genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with common bioinformatic databases and resources, including cancer genomics databases (ex. TCGA, ClinVar, UK Biobank, etc)
- Clear record of productivity demonstrating a direct impact on drug discovery research and development
- Ability to apply and develop tools for integrative analysis and visualization of multi-dimensional datasets, integrating biochemical, cellular, and genomic data using appropriate statistical and machine learning models to drive drug discovery projects
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks, advance projects with minimal supervision and identify partners/consultants to complement internal bioinformatics efforts as needed.
- Proficient in R, Python, SQL, git, and/or bash with a demonstrated ability to write readable, and well-documented code
- Practical experience with high performance computing, preferably on public clouds (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, particularly of complex information and concepts
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the U.S.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
29 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
P (617) 585-2000