Joplin, MO, 94804Department:
Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Manager to join our exciting new pet food business at one of our manufacturing plants. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We believe that they deserve good food made with wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately feed.Purpose of Role
Manage and lead the plant safety, environmental, & security programs for the site. These would include controlling loss to the personnel (all working stakeholders), property and assets of the company and working to ensure environmental compliance. This position requires managing the day to day safety, environmental, and security requirements for the site. The site HSE Manager will manage and drive development and implementation of policy change, alter procedures, and ensure location compliance with state/federal OSHA, insurance, corporate guidelines, and EPA requirements.
The role requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills as well as planning skills in order to foster collaborative relationships and Associate engagement in the safety, environmental, and security culture.Principal Accountabilities
- Ensure that the site is in compliance with company and state and federal OSHA requirements
- Manage the HSE Management and Associated Systems (ETQ)
- Manage safety programs at specific location, review incident reports, inspection reports, OSHA logs, and related documentation.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis as necessary.
- Develop & Conduct safety-related training to assist all associates in meeting compliance associated with training needs.
- Investigate all incidents or property loss claims.
- Assist with General Liability claims.
- Ensure project safety reviews are documented for all capital projects performed at the site.
- Manage a site safety program that engages all associates and keeps safety at the forefront.
- Maintain data of all safety key performance indicators (KPIs). Keep these KPIs visible in the site and lead key initiatives that continuously improve these metrics.
- Manage/Develop site Capital Projects to ensure site is in compliance with Corporate and Federal requirements.
- Work with Plant Management to develop a safety culture.
- Ensure that the site is in compliance with all applicable company and regulatory environmental-related requirements and policies;
- Manage and document appropriate environmental training (SPCC, SWPPP, Emergency Response, etc.) for required plant personnel;
- Manage corporate sustainability environmental metrics records through data entry and use of assigned database (Enablon);
- Manage emergency response activities for their facilities;
- Manage site security requirements in order to meet corporate standards.
- Execute training on site security for all associates and manage overall system to insure proper operation.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of corporate and legislative Safety, Security, and Environmental requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently to establish priorities with a minimum amount of day-to-day direction.
- Follow through on decisions.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills capable of (1) communicating new ideas to senior staff and plant management and (2) to all site associates, visitors and contractors.
- Ability to creatively integrate engineering concepts into the continued development of Safety, Security, and Environmental programs and systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights and or confined space
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals
- Forklift assignments require OSHA certification and getting on and off frequently
- B.S. Safety Management, Industrial Safety, Engineering or experience in a closely related field
- At least 2 years of industrial or manufacturing background.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Advanced degree preferred, but not required
Red Collar Pet Foods is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.