(www.nodexus.com) is a biotechnology company that commercializes tools to accelerate biological workflows and make them universally accessible. Nodexus recently closed a $30M Series A financing round in order to advance manufacturing and commercialization of its flagship NX One platform, and is backed by leading life science venture capital firms (RA Capital and Section 32). The NX One leverages microfluidics to enable efficient, easy-to-use, and affordable cell isolation for the quickest growing sectors of biotechnology.
We are seeking Cell Biology / Validation Scientists and Associates to perform customer-inspired validation as well as support internal and pipeline product development.HIRING: Cell Biologist / Validation Scientist [Full-Time Position, In-Person Required in San Jose, CA, Relocation Available]Position Overview
Position Requirements and Skills
- Reporting to the Director of Biology, Cell Biology / Validation Scientists will be tasked with growing Nodexus' biology and validation lab, performing application development activities, and providing customer support.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will be focused on the validation and testing of Nodexus products, as well as pipeline development for cutting-edge biological applications.
- These positions will support technical customer engagement and will work closely with leadership and marketing to produce data for application notes, product information, and next-generation products.
- These roles will be developing resources and providing application insights for Nodexus platform development in quickly growing biotechnology areas including gene editing, cell line development, cancer biology research, stem cell processing, single-cell genomics, and more.
- These individuals will utilize biological workflows and techniques including tissue culture, single-cell expansion, flow cytometry analysis and/or sorting, single-cell genomics, imaging and microscopy, and functional/validation assays.
- These roles will interface closely with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers.
- These individuals will design and execute experimental plans to generate scientific data used for peer-reviewed research papers and application notes related to Nodexus' product portfolio.
- These roles will contribute to the writing and production of collateral for a scientific audience, including application and technical notes, posters, and other customer- and partner-facing materials.
The Ideal Applicant Will Be
- BS in Molecular Cell Biology, Integrative Biology, or equivalent required
- PhD in Molecular Cell Biology, Integrative Biology, or equivalent is a big plus
- 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent MS/PhD experience required, strong preference will be given to experience supporting and validating hardware instrumentation and consumables for biotechnology research applications
- 5+ years of hands-on laboratory experience in cell analysis, cell-line development, immunology, single-cell genomics, or related fields is required.
- Experience with cell culture, cell line development, fluorescence microscopy, plate imaging, and single-cell culture is preferred
- Familiarity with flow cytometry analysis/cell sorting is a big plus
- Lab management and supply/inventory self-management will be strongly preferred
- Successful candidates demonstrate strong organizational, communication, and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Aligned with Nodexus' mission of providing enabling tools for unlocking the potential of cutting-edge biological workflows
- Eager to work alongside a multidisciplinary team to validate, optimize, and develop new products
- Able to work 5 days/week, immediate start date preferred
- Extremely self-motivated and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Resourceful and flexible
- Open to self-management and reporting - a DIY attitude is a big part of our culture!
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and following through
- Straightforward, self-motivated, and genuine