Scientist, Cell and Molecular Biology
ImmuneID aims to revolutionize therapeutic drug development by fingerprinting immune disease drivers. We are looking for an experienced, motivated Scientist, Cell and Molecular Biology to join our growing team of passionate researchers focused on prototyping and developing new platforms to support ImmuneID's mission. Our dynamic and innovative culture favors highly organized candidates, eager to learn and confident to work across boundaries. As a member of the Platform Innovation team, the ideal candidate will support and lead multiple technology innovation projects. They will work closely with project leads to address the day-to-day needs of ImmuneID's laboratory environment in a timely manner, maximizing research productivity and efficiency. This role will be afforded numerous opportunities for professional and career development in biotech startup laboratory research.
- Work closely with the project lead to prototype novel cell-based display platforms
- Generate critical proof of concept data to enable decision making on novel platforms
- Work in collaboration with other teams at ImmuneID to validate new technological advances
- Propose and develop molecular biology assays and tools as needed
- Mentor and train junior scientists in cell culture techniques as needed
- Assist in the generation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data to prepare clearly articulated experimental reports and communicate results at internal meetings
- Maintain clear and accurate records of experiments and analysis in electronic notebook
- PhD in cell biology, biochemistry, or a relevant life sciences discipline with 0-5 years of laboratory expertise in a research environment (title will be commensurate with level of experience)
- Highly motivated, well-organized, and dependable
- Ability to efficiently manage time and workflow
- Ability to independently develop and execute complex cell biology and molecular biology experiments
- Strong expertise in yeast and/or mammalian cell biology is a must
- Proven experience with molecular biology techniques such as cloning, PCR/qPCR, plasmid prep etc. is a must
- Experience with NGS library preparation is preferred
- High attention to detail, and solid record-keeping abilities
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
ImmuneID is a precision immunology company creating novel and transformational therapies by combining powerful next-generation sequencing with robust protein display technologies to comprehensively characterize patient antibody interactions in immune diseases. Our proprietary, unbiased platform rapidly and affordably identifies millions of antibody-target interactions to build the map of human immunity. Through a combination of passionate bench science, insightful computational biology, and big data generation, ImmuneID will improve and personalize patient diagnoses to deliver precise treatments for immune-mediated diseases. Founded in late 2020 by Longwood Fund, ImmuneID is headquartered in Waltham, MA For more information, visit www.immuneidrx.com.
ImmuneID is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.