59109BRResearch - Vascular BiologyJob Posting Description
The laboratory of Dr. Hong Chen in the Vascular Biology Program at Boston Children's Hospital and the Department of Surgery at Harvard Medical School is seeking a highly-motivated, senior postdoctoral research team member that is passionate about using molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, and unique in vitro and in vivo model systems to understand the molecular basis for human diseases such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, obesity, and cancer. The long-term goal of our laboratory is to develop innovative therapeutic strategies to treat these and other diseases.The Staff Scientist shall be responsible for:
In order to qualify you must have:
- Designing and conducting research experiments of moderate to high complexity.
- Collaborating with the Principal Investigator (PI) to prepare manuscripts.
- Participating in drafting grant proposals and preparing scientific figures.
- Providing expertise to complete innovative and original high-impact scientific research.
- Maintaining a positive and collaborative research environment.
Performing experiments, interpret data, and write manuscripts.
- Maintaining equipment and organizing the laboratory's supplies; providing personnel training; supervising students and fellows by providing guidance on experimental design and experimental approaches; monitoring research project progress.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in the field; and identifying and utilizing emerging research technologies.
- Accomplishing the long-term research goals of the laboratory, which would include assisting in the preparation of grant applications.
- A MS with at least 7 years original and relevant research experience and/or PhD with 0-5 years of post-doctoral experience.
- Demonstrated success in addressing complex research problems.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Solid work ethic and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency in a number of experimental techniques (e.g., western blot, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, RNA sequencing, gene expression analyses, cell culture, immunoprecipitation, histology, genotyping, microRNA analyses).
- Experience with small animal handling, breeding, and surgery.
- Competence with bioinformatics and statistical analyses. The position is supported entirely through grant support.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Flexible schedule (if applicable).Status
Full-TimeRegular, Temporary, Per Diem
RegularStandard Hours per Week