You are an independent, self-motivated, and objective thinker who does not need a lot of supervision to get the job done. You have a keen eye for identifying potential issues, and you like to work as part of a team to create solutions. You are looking for a position where you can work both in an office and in the field. You are not afraid to research solutions when you do not know the answer. Training comes naturally to you, and you enjoy sharing your knowledge and know-how with others.Position Snapshot
The Environmental Compliance Technician provides operational field support to ensure environmental compliance. Conducts analysis of soil, groundwater, and/or atmospheric samples to determine if pollutants are present. Implements or supports appropriate corrective action if necessary. Performs environmental compliance audits and risk assessments. Maintains records, reports, manuals, and documentation in accordance with established procedures.Day in the Life
After grabbing your favorite morning beverage you:
What you need to apply
- Check in with your manager to assess the days priorities
- Supports leachate management by monitoring water levels and pump functionality, taking samples, and/or compiling compliance report data
- Perform inspections, maintain logs and support compliance meetings to identify and track deficiencies and ensure all inspections are completed
- Ensure compliance with the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and other facility water requirements (to include groundwater and wells) by taking necessary samples, conducting inspections, performing necessary maintenance, and recording daily/weekly/ad hoc readings
- Coordinates with outside vendors or laboratories for testing, supplies and reporting
- Assist with annual and monthly compliance reporting
- Provide audit support for the environmental compliance programs
- Work with the Environmental Compliance Manager to ensure the site operates in compliance with all permit conditions, including hazardous waste, air, industrial wastewater discharge, and industrial storm water.
For your hard work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in an environmental compliance or related field.
- Safety mindset
- Comfortable working in an industrial setting, and with observing operations, spills, incidents, etc.
- Teamwork mindset
- Ability to problem-solve and research to overcome obstacles
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- Benefits and 401K
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.