Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schoolsgrowing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Academic Dean, the AP Biology and Chemistry Teacher will be responsible for building meaningful relationships with students, implementing a Common Core-aligned curriculum, and working with their grade team to analyze data to drive instruction. This is an exciting opportunity for an educator who is passionate about improving student outcomes by leading excellent instruction and building a positive school culture.
Responsibilities* Create and foster a culture where all students can achieve at high levels;
* Implement a Common Core-aligned curriculum through backwards lesson planning and follow school-wide protocols for developing and documenting syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and rubrics;
* Actively participate in all meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development, including an annual summer institute;
* Track, monitor, and assume responsibility for academic progress of students;
* Analyze assessment data, and daily data including exit tickets and Do Now's to inform instruction;
* Set and maintain high expectations by building meaningful relationships;
* Work with Student Culture Team to create individual behavior plans for students, as needed;
* Build a warm and inclusive classroom environment and abide by school-wide practices for classroom management and individual behavior plans;
* Work with grade team to analyze data, revise practices, norm on team-wide initiatives, and discuss individual scholars with a solutions-oriented mindset;
* Establish and maintain strong relationships and regularly communicate scholars' progress towards goals and with families.
Qualifications * Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred;
* New York State certification in subject area preferred;
* At least two years of teaching experience with record of improving student achievement preferred;
* A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families and community;
* Desire and ability to receive and implement feedback;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences (including colleagues, students, families);
* A commitment to working with diverse populations of families and students;
* Bilingual (Spanish) preferred;
* A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees, including a booster dose. Part-time staff hired for the summer season only, are exempt from the booster dose, however they must have received a 2-dose series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation mattersit enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dreamalong with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/g2mbzncpQ2edRhbnMh6Gnz