Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for an Environmental Restoration Supervisor
in Las Cruces, NM.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro's success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
The Navarro Environmental Restoration Supervisor oversees projects and personnel tasked with ongoing and planned environmental restoration activities at the NASA White Sands Test Facility (WSTF). The ER Supervisor ensures that employees adhere to established WSTF procedures and provide high quality products and project outcomes that are consistent with NASA performance and budget expectations. The ER Supervisor must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of soil and groundwater environmental investigation, restoration, and remediation. The primary duties of the supervisor include:
- Daily supervision of on-site and teleworking technical and project management personnel (engineers, geologists, scientists) assigned to NASA's ~$7M annual Environmental Compliance and Restoration (ECR) efforts at WSTF
- General oversight of restoration projects to ensure personnel perform restoration and remediation work at WSTF in accordance with applicable regulations and NASA requirements
- Support supervision of technicians responsible for performing hands-on fieldwork for groundwater assessment, environmental sampling, groundwater remediation system monitoring and compliance, and site-wide multi-media environmental compliance
- Provide technical and management-level review of numerous ECR program deliverables, including investigation work plans, investigation reports, monitoring reports, and other internal and external Agency and regulatory submittals
- Coordinate with the Environmental Program Manager, Environmental Compliance Supervisor, and Business Supervisor to integrate restoration, compliance, and administrative functions for successful environmental contract execution
- Ensure that personnel safety and health requirements are adhered to during all facets of environmental restoration and remediation work
The ER Supervisor also:
- Serves as project leader for one or more environmental restoration task orders, requiring preparation of cost/schedule estimates, coordination of personnel and resources, development of related deliverables in conjunction with the project team, and consultation with NASA project managers to ensure customer integration and satisfaction
- Provides weekly, biweekly, quarterly, and other technical and business status briefings on projects, both internal and to NASA.
- Allocates available resources and prioritizes assignments to achieve performance objectives
- Coordinates with other WSTF organizations to optimize restoration and remediation project performance and minimize work disruptions and operational downtime
- Serves as a Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) supervisor for environmental investigations and unexpected hazardous waste events within the WSTF Environmental Department
- Supports staff with the procurement of management of supplies, services, and subcontractors required to implement environmental restoration and remediation projects
- At least five years of directly applicable technical and/or management experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study, MS preferred
- Prior work on Federal contracts is a plus
- Experience with the RCRA corrective action process is a plus
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability