- Full time, 40 hours per week: 2:00pm to 10:30pm with rotating weekends and holidays.
- Performs moderately and/or highly complex analyses with accuracy and precision, understanding basic and complex principles of methodology
- Performs, monitors, and evaluates quality control, applies the principles of quality control when reporting tests.
- Identification and resolution of technical problems related to laboratory methodology, instrumentation, and procedures under direction of the Laboratory Manager.
- Correlates various clinical laboratory test results, applies these results to clinical conditions and recognizes accepted normal ranges.
- Participates in development and education
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies as required by the department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor degree and graduation from a Medical Technology program approved by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or an equivalent program, in a science related field, or documented equivalent education and training.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Previous experience with laboratory equipment and methodologies (preferably those related to areas of responsibility). Clinical internship may be equivalent to experience. Basic computer literacy.
- MLS(ASCP), MT(ASCP), MT(AMT) with baccalaureate degree. ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) categorical certification (BB, C, H, I, M) or a baccalaureate degree where categorical certification in specialty area is not available.
- Hazardous chemical exposure and contact with infectious biological specimens and sharps are experienced on a daily basis. Ability to lift (medium-up to 20-50 pound occasionally and/or 10 -25 pounds frequently) and use of keyboard and microscope extensively may be required, dependent upon job and shift assignment. Prolonged standing, lifting, bending, and telephone use. Some instrumentation and work counter are higher than table height. Fast paced environment with established time constraints.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Join our Talent Network
Be alerted to jobs like this
Lab at Advocate Aurora Jobs like this
- Med Lab Tech - Non-Cert (PT 28hrs/week, PM Shift) Christ Medical Center
Oak Lawn, IL
- Phlebotomist-Technical (Full Time, Shift Varies) Christ Medical Center
Oak Lawn, IL
- Phlebotomist - Non-Technical (Part Time 16hrs/week, PM Shift) Lutheran General Hospital
Park Ridge, IL
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions - for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.