Job Details:SUMMARY: This position is responsible for implementing an environmental management system and will work with operations leadership team to execute company environmental standards and ensure compliance with all applicable specific Federal, State and Local regulations. The position will communicate sending clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. The position will use program and environmental regulatory knowledge and demonstrate this expertise when working with hourly and management support team members.Responsibilities Include
- Manage and execute compliance with environmental programs, such as: Clean Air Act; Clean Water Act; Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act; Resource Conservation and Recovery Act; Federal Insecticide Fungicide and Rodenticide Act Oil Pollution Act; Safe Drinking Water Act and other local state and federal environmental regulations. This includes Form R and Tier II, state mandated reporting and other required reporting as needed.
- Manage and execute internal compliance standards at each facility as assigned.
- Monitor and provide guidance on site performance against applicable environmental regulations, programs, and policies.
- Ensure site leadership and associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy and effectiveness of all required environmental training.
- Analyze environmental metrics and review trends to determine where improvements are needed.
- Measure and analyze sites' performance against environmental standards. Identify and assist sites with action plan development for any deficiencies noted from trends, audits and inspections.
- Oversee work performed by relevant contractors and consultants.
- Build collaborative relationships with plant personnel to ensure risks are identified early and managed in a timely manner.
- Participate in risk assessments and audits as necessary.
- Assure record retention requirements are met.
- Maintain and update electronic compliance assistance tool tasks for each location as required.
- Ensure equipment that requires environmental PMs is appropriately logged and tracked.
- Evaluate and develop process improvements for identified risks.
- Facilitate root cause analyses for all environmental incidents and recommend appropriate corrective actions for implementation.
- Show initiative to identify and implement corrective actions to eliminate any observed non-compliance or potential non-compliance situations.
- Be aware of changes to state and local environmental requirements that could impact operations and ensure appropriate preparations for those changes.
- Participate in environmental associations and organizations to shape and ensure our awareness of considered and pending regulatory changes that could impact our operations.
- Support and review environmental permit writing, renewals and conditions.
- Serve as a liaison with state and local regulating authorities.
- Provide subject-matter expertise, share best practices, and deliver training to help the plant manage their environmental compliance tasks.
- Support the environmental services team with developing and implementing improvements in compliance standards, documentation, and training.
- Supervising the wastewater supervisor and/or wastewater operators.
- Developing and submitting permit applications for various environmental programs.
- Leading and facilitating spill response and remediation activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position will report to an Area Environmental Manager.
REQUIREMENTS:Education: Bachelor's degree in natural science, environmental science, chemistry or engineering required.Experience: 4 plus years' experience in environmental field or related experiences preferred.Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Power Point. Must also have the basic computer skills to utilize compliance databases such as eCAT and Enablon.Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of Team Members; bilingual skills are a plus.Special Skills: Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to drive concurrent projects to completion; comfortable influencing all levels of the organization; strong team and collaboration skills; demonstrates ability to think creatively and drive innovation; and Project Management concepts and techniques.Supervisory Responsibility: NoneTravel: 25% travel to another plantRelocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
A Shift (United States of America)Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection.