Overview:NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives .
NV5 is seeking an Associate Environmental Project Manager. The Associate Environmental Project Manager provides environmental expertise, consultation and documentation in support of the planning, design and construction of infrastructure projects. Candidates must have exceptional organization, teamwork and communication skills and the ability to manage priorities. Primary focus of work is utility sector projects. Working understanding of environmental regulations and This role requires the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and provide direct client service in collaboration with the environmental project manager. The role includes leadership and coordination with small project teams to ensure schedules and budgets are met while providing exceptional customer service and quality in deliverables to our clients. Experience in environmental resources, land planning, public utility, construction and business management desired.
- Responsible for coordination and delivery of projects within the NV5 Environmental Group.
- Consistently work in cooperation with project teams both in person (under applicable COVID physical distancing protocols) and across the country by leveraging technology and project management tools. Demonstrates effective responsiveness and priority effort to team and client requests.
- Able to work with minimal supervision while completing assignments that require self-motivation, independent judgement and
- Maintain consistent professional communication within internal teams and clients.
- Includes written communication (status reports, meeting minutes, conference call summaries, proposals) and verbal presentations (status updates, team meetings).
- Produce various status reports for environmental project manager, project teams and clients.
- Run/facilitate internal and client project meetings as point of contact for the environmental team.
- Use various project management tools to keep track of project controls, scopes, budgets, progress, schedules and deliverables, and maintain communication with teams and clients.
- Assist the environmental project manager in maintaining and applying quality assurance and quality control; alert to instances of quality breaches and opportunities for process improvements; contribute to lessons learned team roundtables.
- Strive for continuous improvement by identifying and integrating "best practice" approaches and standardization.
- Assist in development of scoping, proposals, cost estimates and staff resource loading.
- Demonstrate abilities to negotiate solutions to client concerns and problem solving
- Travel to client meetings and project sites as needed (less than 10% travel anticipated).
- Bachelor's degree in biology or equivalent experience and training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, ability to work collaboratively
- Working knowledge of environmental resources
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple assignments under budget and time constraints
- At least 3 years of experience in project coordination or as Assistant Project Manager
- Demonstrated experience managing technical documents and familiarity with financial management/project budgets
- Proficiency in suite of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams)
- Valid CA driver's license
- Experience with various desktop environmental analyses, CEQA/NEPA, regulatory permits, environmental regulations, documentation, technical reports (preferred but not required)
- PMP or AICP certifications
- Experience utilizing mapping and project management software such as Google Earth, CAD, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, Deltek
- Working knowledge of utility industry, construction and project management
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.