IL Oak BrookJob Type:
Environmental Health & SafetyJob Posting Title:
Environmental, Health & Safety DirectorJob Description:Position Summary:
The Environment, Health & Safety Director will provide strategic direction and support for the company initiatives related to Health Safety Environmental Affairs across multiple sites. This role will lead and support the TreeHouse Foods operations efforts to identify, eliminate and reduce exposures to create a safe and compliant work environment.
As an integral member of the Division Management Team, the EH&S Director will coach and advise the division and site management teams to ensure execution with regard to the TreeHouse EHS Management system. He/She will be responsible for aligning the corporate EHS strategy that drives EHS accountability company wide. The Division EHS Director will be responsible for that prevent exposures to people, property and the environment. Position Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Directs day-to-day activities of assigned H&S personnel.
- Works as a Subject Matter Expert to develop implement and audit Corporate standards and programs to ensure sites are in compliance with Company and regulatory environment, health and safety requirements.
- Measures and supports core activities within division and respective sites to ensure common objectives, as well as interaction with site management team, team leaders, and site employees to increase awareness and drive safe and compliant work.
- Identifies opportunities for training to improve awareness and performance within division and respective sites.
- Serves as liaison between assigned facilities and the Corporate EHS in the execution of corporate EHS initiatives.
- Analyzes incident data to identify trends as well as ensure validate corrective and preventive actions are adhered to and shared across sites.
- Performs job site analysis to determine employee and a property exposure, and institute safe work practices.
- Identify, develop and communicate plans to close critical gaps or findings from internal and external audits related to environmental, health and safety, security, and loss prevention and drive appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensures appropriate oversight for execution of Environmental compliance activities, including; SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan), NPDES (National Pollution Discharge Elimination System) Permit, Internal/External Environmental Audits, Air Pollution Permit, Air Quality Inspections, Dust Collector Reports, Hazardous Waste, TIER II Report Corporate Environmental Audit and present annual training.
- Provides support for escalated security-related events.
- Supports division and site efforts related to property inspections and loss prevention findings.
- Develops plans to address divisional risk/claims management exposures.
- B.S. degree in Safety Management, Environmental Health, or related field.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in leading and implementing environment, health and safety, and/or security programs.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations (OSHA, hazard communication, accident investigation, safety training methods, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of industry best practices regarding PSM & RMP.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experience in leading people in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in managing people.
- Food and Beverage experience preferred.
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1