Position: Natural Resource Professional
Requisition Number: 2022-2420-06
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative and sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can excel by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a Natural Resource Professional to join our Environmental team in Greenville, South Carolina.
Every day our team of 1100+ employee owners (scientists, geologists, technicians, and engineers) safely provides our clients with superior results to achieve their project goals. We go the extra mile - together!
The best candidates will have a strong understanding of the natural resources realm including streams and wetlands, the 404/401 permitting process, strong protected species knowledge, and navigating regulatory processes through the equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrating a desire to be on top of industry trends and technology developments to help design and develop a variety of deliverables that meet the needs of our clients. Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic and possess the ability to work as a team player. Candidates with experience in consulting are preferred, but we will consider entry and staff level candidates with the desired attributes.
* Bachelor or Masters' degree in Biological or Environmental Sciences from an accredited college or university;
* Experience with wetland delineations, Section 401/404 permitting process, protected species surveys and ecological surveys preferred (willing to train the right candidate);
* Experience managing projects or tasks preferred;
* Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) credentials a plus;
* GIS experience is preferred;
* Ability to complete fieldwork and perform data collection is required;
* Excellent computer skills and well-organized;
* Excellent attention to detail;
* Ability to organize and handle multiple project tasks;
* Must be creative, energetic and a team player;
* Pro-active and forward thinking;
* Ability to problem solve with the team and stakeholders across the organization; and
* Convey thoughts, ideas, recommendations, and technical information in a clear/concise manner.
This is full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidates must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
EOE including disability/vets
VEVRAA Federal Contractor