Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.Job Brief:
As a polymer group lead, you are responsible for managing a team of polymer scientists and engineers and conducting advanced research into new materials and customization of each application. Ability to lead and manage teams, generate new ideas, make a convincing case and drive to implementation are all key parts of this role. You should have relevant education and required skills, be highly motivated to succeed, able to learn and adopt new concepts, and be capable of handling the ambiguity and the inherent uncertainties that come with advanced material research and development.What You Will Do:
Who You Are:
- Manage members of polymer team and provide team leadership and mentorship
- Ensure your teammates have the resources they need to excel at their jobs by building and maintaining processes, systems, and infrastructure that help the polymer group function efficiently
- Inspire the development of new polymer materials, the approaches and procedures for synthesis, as well as the characterization of these materials to build unique scientific knowledge around novel materials for company objectives
- Develop new technology roadmap for CO2 made polymer (PC, PE, PEG, PU etc.) and polymer process (extrusion, pelletization etc.)
- Partner with cross-functional teams to advance new products and solve technical problems towards commercialization and company objectives
- Independently summarize and interpret analytical/characterization results and application data
- Draft proposals for both government and private funding agencies and coordinate with cross functional teams to assure the progress
- Author technical reports, government grant progress reports, and present technical results to internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated people management and team building experience with a team of 4+ scientists, as well as strong technical leadership
- Ph.D degree in Polymer, Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or a related STEM field
- Have a deep understanding of polymer science, including polymer characterization, synthesis, cross link, etc.
- Ability to gauge the adequacy of scientific data while applying sound logic to assess other associate's conclusions for plausibility
- Ability to partner with business development and other cross-functional teams on goals and deliverables
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.