Veolia group is the global leader in optimized resource management. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides water, waste and energy management solutions which contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and to replenish them.Job Description
Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor
Shift 3,2,2,3Job Summary
The primary role of the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Supervisor is to monitor the activities of the operational teams as they perform their waste management activities. In addition they will assist the EHS Manager in the development of comprehensive EH&S programs and they will also assist in the delivery of safety training and site orientationsEssential Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitor the activities of the operational teams as they perform their waste management activities
- Implement and administrate programs pertaining to OHSA, medical surveillance, substance abuse testing to avoid potential liabilities and maintain a viable workforce at all Veolia facilities.
- Assist the EHS Manager in the coordination of accident, and injury management to determine adverse trends and develop meaningful productive standards resulting in cost.
- Assist in the Development and implementation of local EHS management system processes that comply with Samsung requirements.
- Provides guidance to all levels of management regarding utilization of appropriate practices in conjunction with regulatory requirements and changes, if necessary.
- Provide EHS training to Veolia personnel.
- Provides appropriate research and investigation to support the development of existing and/or potential new health and safety policies as determined by management or required by federal, state, or local governmental agencies.
- Associates Degree from an accredited University or College in Occupational Health and Safety or related field.
- 1 to 3 years' experience in a similar position is preferred;
- Preferred First-Aid CPR/AED Certified;
- Previous experience with material handling will be an asset;
- Previous experience working with different hazardous chemicals;
- A working knowledge EHS relevant ISO standards is preferred.
- Previous experience and technical knowledge of industrial health and safety standards including, but not limited to, Process Safety Management, Confined Space Entry, Personal Protective Equipment, Fire Safety, Emergency Response, Control of Hazardous Energy, Medical Surveillance, Root cause analysis, and workplace chemical exposure assessments and exposure control methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills And Ability
- EHS appropriate qualifications (OSHA, EPA, College, Institutes, etc.)
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Extensive knowledge in health and safety methodologies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.