**SIGN ON BONUS- UP TO $3000** (details apply) Job Summary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Quality Control testing and analysis of commercial enzyme products and raw materials
Performs all duties under general supervision
- Perform microbiological tests for Coli, E-Coli, yeast and mold, S-aureus and Total Plate Count of raw materials, finished goods, and incoming lab samples following approved testing procedures
- Perform maintenance of lab equipment including calibration and documentation
- Maintain proper documentation and record keeping of daily activities in compliance with approved SOPs and Assay Methods
- Maintain laboratory facility and work area at proper levels of cleanliness including washing laboratory equipment
- Perform all work in a safe fashion including ensuring a safe work area
- Manufacture customer samples and perform work on projects related to customer requirements
- Perform other related duties as determined by Supervisor and Management
- Sample and perform environmental monitoring throughout facility.
Skills and Qualifications
- Sample and perform water testing on water system.
- Solid knowledge of microbiology and scientific method including data analysis and interpretation
- General laboratory skills including use of analytical balances, pipetting, autoclaving, serial dilutions, spore counts.
- General laboratory safety knowledge
- General mathematical & analytical skills including unit conversions and chemistry calculations
- Basic knowledge and understanding of GMPs and role of Research & Development and Quality Control groups
Experience and Education
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience - 1-2 years in relevant positions, laboratory experience preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Job Requirements
- Education - Bachelor's Degree in microbiology
- Able to work safely and follow specific laboratory and facility safety procedures
- Able to follow complicated directions and perform detail-oriented work
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse responsibilities
- Able to prioritize tasks in a changing work requirement
- Able to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Able to go up and down stairs
- Work hours 8:15 am - 5:00 pm M-F
- Professional dress code, lab coat required in laboratory
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.