This Immunology & Inflammation department is seeking a motivated Associate Scientist - Biology II with strong immunology, cellular assay development and flow cytometry expertise.
In this role, the candidate will independently plan, develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo flow cytometric and other cellular assays from the blood and tissues of human and pre-clinical species to evaluate small molecules. The candidate will regularly present results in a project team setting, collaborate with other team members, and deliver impactful, high-quality data to progress projects forward.
This position begins as a an 18-month contract with the potential to extend/convert permanently.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Develop and execute complex flow cytometry and/or plate-based inflammation assays
- Collaborate with supervisory personnel to develop research methods
- Work on complex problems where the development and implementation of non-routine assays and analysis is required
- Interface and collaborate with cross-functional and cross-site subject matter experts, project teams, and external vendors to advance projects
- Read relevant literature to develop methods and enhance the understanding of mechanisms of action of small molecules
- Present both formal and informal results to biology/project teams
- Work independently and creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Independently design, perform and manage in vitro experiments to support validation of novel therapeutics
- Demonstrated expertise in multi-color (8+) flow cytometry and/or assay development in an industry setting
- Experience with the isolation of primary immune cells from blood and tissues and the development of subsequent functional assays
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, with the ability to think independently
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend solutions based on observations and literature searches
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree with 9+ years of experience or MS degree in biology or an equivalent field with 8+ years of experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills
- Must be a flexible, results oriented, and independent researcher who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment