About Voyant Beauty
As a full-service partner to both leading and emerging brands, Voyant Beauty helps our customers compete in the beauty landscape-offering everything from marketing insights and ingredient research to development and manufacturing of award-winning products.
We are looking to add a dynamic Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager who will work with multiple departments, including Human Resources to drive EHS improvements, implement EHS projects and initiatives, and coach and mentor a small EHS staff. The EHS Manager will work at our Ridgefield, NJ manufacturing plant.
• Develop and manage projects related to PSM.
• Prepare activity reports to keep the PSM and EHS team members informed.
• Prepare and maintain the management systems required to maintain compliance.
• Perform audits, reporting and investigations.
• Manage contracted services and support corporate guidelines.
• Manage and coordinate all programs for compliance with PSM and RMP standards.
• Facilitate and lead joint employee-management EHS committees.
• Drive and implement a total Safety Culture using behavior-based methodologies.
• Review Safety and Work practices at plant level and conduct Incident Investigations with GM and other facility personnel.
• Facilitate the return to work of injured workers and manages Workers Compensation claims.
• Develop and lead site specific EHS improvement initiatives such as waste reduction, injury avoidance and improved employee involvement.
• Develop, implement, and manage appropriate emergency response programs including ensuring proper training was conducted and drills completed.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with facility environmental permits and acts as a primary liaison with government inspectors.
• Manage the collection, storage, transportation, and shipping of hazardous waste.
• Manage Title V Air Permitting and compliance, wastewater permits, storm water permits, RCRA and remediation programs.
• Provide prompt and complete communications with corporate EHS personnel regarding incidents and spills as required by corporate requirements.
• Conduct routine site review with leadership team to define site-specific EHS goals and monitor progress.
• Conduct and accurately document routine EHS (including security) audits and inspections.
• Develop and promote programs to educate supervisors and managers to effectively instruct employees.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (e.g., Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering).
• 5 + years' experience managing or supervising EHS in a manufacturing environment with evidence of continual improvement success.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and deliver a variety of training topics.
• Demonstrated success as a hands-on leader/manager with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure.
• Functional strength in safety management and at least a working knowledge of environmental regulations and the regulatory process.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of federal, state/provincial, and local EHS regulations.
• Certified Safety Professional or other EHS related certifications.
• Experience in the consumer products industry.
• Experience with hazardous chemicals.
• Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plans (RMP) or E2.
• Experience with Title V Air Permitting and compliance, wastewater permits, storm water permits, RCRA and remediation programs.