We are seeking an Environmental Planner
to join Ricondo's team of talented aviation consultants in our Chicago corporate headquarters. Ricondo team members are passionate about working alongside airport management to solve the complex issues facing the aviation industry today. Our firm provides strategic planning services to airports across the United States and around the world, including operational and physical planning, master planning, environmental reviews, and business advisory services. As an Environmental Planner, you will work both independently and in collaboration with our diverse team of aviation professionals to address environmental and regulatory challenges associated with airport infrastructure project development and implementation. You will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and expertise by participating in diverse aviation projects. No two airports are the same and no two projects are alike, so if you are a problem solver and lifelong learner, join our team and grow with us!
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience preparing environmental review documentation pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and/or the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for transportation or similar projects. Aviation experience and familiarity with the Federal Aviation Administration's Orders implementing NEPA are a bonus.Core Responsibilities
- Research, collect, analyze, and document environmental, land use, and operational data in support of airport planning, environmental, and sustainability studies.
- Prepare draft sections of reports and presentations, including text, tables, charts, and exhibits based on research, regulatory guidance, verbal and written input from others, and self-directed effort.
- Assist with preparing for, coordinating, and facilitating team meetings, client meetings, public workshops, and agency meetings.
- Provide advice, technical assistance, and written recommendations on airport planning, environmental, and sustainability studies.
- Bachelor's degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for environmental planning, such as environmental studies, environmental policy, urban planning, environmental engineering, geography, or biology.
- 3-6 years of experience preparing NEPA and/or CEQA documents for transportation or similar projects.
- Familiarity with the aviation industry or desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Technical experience with one or more environmental issues, such as air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, aircraft noise, climate change, historic resources, biotic species, environmental justice, or water resources.
- Knowledge of analytic techniques and related tools is beneficial, such as statistical, spreadsheet, noise and emissions models, spatial/graphical analysis applications (CAD, GIS).
Competitive Benefits Package
- Self-motivated: initiative to identify creative and technically sound solutions.
- Detail-oriented: in analytic and technical writing assignments, the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences and to edit for consistency and grammar.
- Proactive and effective communicator: excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate with teams and clients.
- Highly organized: plan and prioritize work assignments and demonstrate ability to manage concurrent assignments with different teams.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match depending on company performance
- 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Generous paid time-off program for sick leave and vacation time
- Company-paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Professional certification, licensure, and association membership funding
- Professional conferences and seminars
- On-demand access to training (Cornerstone eLearning)
- Internal workshops and webinars
- Short- and long-term disability insurance coverage
- Life insurance (survivor benefits)
- Team member referral bonus program
- Flexible spend accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Transit commuter benefit (based upon location)
Ricondo has served the aviation industry for over 30 years. Our team of nearly 150 consultants represent the brightest and most well-respected professionals in aviation today, working together to meet our clients' needs with ideas, expertise, and transformative solutions. Advance your career with our talented team and help shape the built airport environment.
We strive to be a responsible business-one that adheres to high legal, moral, and ethical professional standards. Our pride is our people, as evidenced by our extremely competitive benefits. We are committed to equality and diversity, cross-disciplinary training, and staff development. We emphasize quality and accountability in a respectful, collaborative, and congenial environment.
Ricondo is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR