Job DescriptionOne of Our Valued Clients, A Leading and Growing Biotechnology Company, is seeking a dedicated, self-motivated, and well-organized Manager and Field Application, Scientist. You will have direct responsibility for hiring, salary, promotion, and employee review, with the review and mentorship of the Director of Customer Solutions. Our Clients' Revolutionary Genome Mapping Platform empowers researchers to gain a more complete picture of genome biology, including structural variation that current technologies fail to detect. Apply Now to this Amazing and Unique Opportunity!Position: Manager, Field Application ScientistLocation: Southern, CA (relocation Assistance is Offered)Salary: Aggressive Base + BonusPosition Summary:
The Manager, Field Application Scientist is a leadership position within the Global Support Team. The activity distribution is approximately 90% management and 10% direct applications support. This role has direct responsibility for hiring, salary, promotion, and employee review, with the review and mentorship of the Director of Customer Solutions.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Skills, and Abilities:
- Participating in the leadership team for support, principally providing feedback on support strategies and planning.
- Keeping the FAS regional team members appraised of the support strategy and activities.
- Accountability for recruitment and screening of candidates for their FAS regions, with additional review activities across the Global Team to ensure team consistency.
- Mentoring, Leading, and Guiding the onboarding and training of new FAS team members.
- Guiding the scheduling of FAS members within their regions.
- Resolving schedule conflicts and ensuring timely customer training and on-site support as needed.
- Auditing and guiding timely data capture for reporting purposes.
- Traveling with and coaching FAS team members on training proficiency.
- Acting as an escalation path for issues related to the user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software, and instruments.
- Supporting FAS team members in their presentations at trade shows, seminars, and technical symposia. This includes previewing content and evaluating presentation skills and communication clarity of team members.
- Creating and maintaining positive working relationships with customers. Acting as an escalation resource for FAS regional team members for difficult situations or customers.
- Gathering and delivering strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Product Development teams.
- BA/BS in experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or Genetics considered.
- MS and/or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or Genetics considered.
- Must have 7 to 10 years of lab experience in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genomics, or Genetics.
- Must have 7 to 10 years of hands-on experience with NGS workflows and data analysis software and/or sorting cytometry and associated analysis software.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of Management experience, Managing a Team of 5 to 10 Scientists.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of customer-facing experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of genomics, and biochemistry.
- Ability to maintain records for customer sites and provide high-level feedback to management.
- A clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Must be willing to travel up to 80%. Ability to manage a large territory.
- Hands-on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with Outstanding presentation and training skills.
Company DescriptionHireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this upfront.
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.