Environmental Health and Safety Manager
About the Company:
Cleaveland/Price is a well-established and growing manufacturing company with over 300 employees headquartered in Trafford, PA, ten miles east of Pittsburgh. We design and manufacture high voltage electrical disconnect switches, motor operators, and automation products primarily used by the electrical utility industry. Learn more about our company at www.cleavelandprice.com . This position will be located in our Trafford, PA office.
Excellent benefit package includes fully paid health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, FSA, 401(k) with 100% match up to 6%, paid vacation, and holidays.
- EHS leader directly reporting to the President, responsible for the effective design and implementation of the companys Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Program.
- Fully embodies the core values of the company and actively seeks to build trusting relationships between the EHS staff and all employees.
- Drive the continuous improvement of the safety culture where safety is everyones responsibility
- Provide overall leadership, professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of all EHS processes including regulatory agency compliance (local, federal and state environmental, health and safety compliance), organizational policies, and employee EHS knowledge and awareness.
- Technical lead for EHS able to educate employees on best safety practices, and environmental stewardship.
- Determine the appropriateness of ISO 14001 certification and lead implementation if program aligns with strategic objectives.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on all EHS matters organization-wide regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- HR responsibility for EHS staff and chair all EHS related company committees.
- Establish clear communication channels with Senior Management and provide input to the management review process.
- Develop, design and manage an EHS program including the implementation of policies and procedures, incident management, safety awareness, training, and continuous improvement.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure manufacturing, testing, and servicing safety considerations are designed into the products.
- Ensure compliance will all Federal and State Regulatory agencies (OSHA, DOT, EPA, PA-DEP, etc.), and external reporting (ISN), act as liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Assist with development and implementation of project specific safety plans.
- Conduct internal Inspections and Audits of the EHS Program. Results are shared and communicated appropriately to the Senior Staff and organizations involved.
- In conjunction with the EHS staff, participate and complete regular EHS walk-throughs.
- Assist with all incident management, investigations and reviews. Help develop corrective action and implement them in a timely manner.
- Leads the EHS staff with resolving environmental, health and/or safety concerns and issues. Incorporates a strong corrective action program that addresses each concern, issue and incident to minimize and/or eliminate environmental and safety risks.
- Measures effectiveness of EHS Programs and Processes at the company level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Federal/State Regulatory Requirements (OSHA, DOT, EPA, and PA-DEP).
- Working knowledge of chemical safety and hygiene, environmental regulations and policies.
- Working knowledge of HAZCOM (hazard communications) practices.
- Familiarity with ISO regulations and expectations. Experience with ISO 14001 certification a plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft office suite.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental or safety inspections.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence, collaborate, educate, and team.
- Effective incident investigation and documentation skills.
CREDENTIALS, CERTIFICATIONS & INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety or Science, Occupational Safety & Health, or related experience.
- 10+ years of professional environmental and/or safety experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Hazardous Waste Management, DOT/HazMat Shipper credentials.
- Participates in professional development and industry training to stay current with industry regulatory knowledge, principles and best practices.
Powered by JazzHR